how do i create Solomons knot ?

DolceRubie

Question

After creating the amount of chains needed for a poncho , the pattern mentioned single crochet into the 2nd chain from the hook then chain 3, then put the hook through the 2nd loop by pulling up yarn then single crochet a and repeat.. I tried that but it looks nothing like the pattern..

I'm just chaining 3 then SC into the sc space., other

If you can find my crochet chart pattern to follow please tell me here or on Facebook. Thanks

Happy crocheting

3 answers to this question

I'm the farthest thing from an expert on this stitch for a lot of reasons (aesthetics and process).  Sorry I can't be more helpful but I suggest looking at some videos on how to form the stitches--it's not hard, but a little tricky.  Here are a couple of general tutorials:

Video from New Stitch a Day

A written tutorial - also has a stitch diagram

http://www.lionbrand.com/cgi-bin/faq-search.cgi?faqKey=368

I made a shawl with this stitch about 50 years ago.  At the time I didn't knw the name of it.  Someone just showed me how to do it and I did it.  About 15 years ago I wanted to make one again but completely forgot how to do it. Being I did not know the name of the stitch, I had to describe it as best I could and asked for a pattern for it on several sites and someone was nice enough to lead me to a link and now I am a master at it.  Once you get the hang of it it isn't that difficult.   Your best bet would be a You Tube where you can actually see how it's done.  Good luck.

Archived