TheKnottyMale

Maybe you didn't know?

I've noticed in 2 of my previous posts that members have mentioned that it's important to always use the tightest stitch possible. It's not true. There are many tapestry crochet patterns out there that require a loose stitch. Here is a photo of an afghan I hooked up a few years ago. I used RHSS and a size N crochet hook. The finished afghan has a beautiful woven look and is VERY warm :)

post-39334-0-98573200-1425597019_thumb.jpg

This bag was made using RHSS and size G hook. The original pattern calls for Lion Organic Cotton and a size G hook. If you happen to own the April 2009 issue of Crochet World Magazine, then you own this one :)

post-39334-0-78994400-1425600089_thumb.jpgpost-39334-0-18029900-1425600117_thumb.jpg

Your post always amaze me. Your work is amazing.

And yet another "softy."  This is one that I made using the motif from Carols Laptop Cozy pattern. I made it using RHSS and a size G hook. I did change the hook size when I was making the stitches that make up the straps. I always used it as a laundry duffel and my cousin really needed one more than I did, so he ended up with it. The original pattern can be found in the June 2007 issue of Crochet World Magazine. See how un-complicated tapestry crochet can be? Once you fully understand the way the stitches rest, it's just a matter of making a base that is the multiple of the stitches that make up the repeat. Does that make any sense??

post-39334-0-21044000-1425600577_thumb.jpgpost-39334-0-52916200-1425600606_thumb.jpgpost-39334-0-02262500-1425600658_thumb.jpg

I've noticed in 2 of my previous posts that members have mentioned that it's important to always use the tightest stitch possible. It's not true. There are many tapestry crochet patterns out there that require a loose stitch. Here is a photo of an afghan I hooked up a few years ago. I used RHSS and a size N crochet hook. The finished afghan has a beautiful woven look and is VERY warm :)

I think that you are right,

tapestry crochet can surely be used to create also soft garments, why not..

It is a crochet technique just like the other ones that designers use in order to construct wearables.

A structure/fabric that uses a tight stitch should be used for specific purposes,

just like fabrics that are made of loose stitches.

I am sure that the purpose should say how tight or loose should the stitch be.

:waving

Edited by DanielaPagliaruli