A new doily in thread size 100

Veronika Rohrhofer

This doily has 31 rows and I have made this pattern for the first time. I used the thread size 100 and my hook size 0,35 mm.

After pinning and starching it measures 33 cm in diameters. I have started yesterday about lunch time and at eight o'clock in the evening it was already pinned and starched.

I wish everybody in this forum a happy new year 2015 and I thank you all for your pleasant comments on my work. Thank you all!

Here is my new doily:

post-71583-0-85946200-1420005395_thumb.jpg

WOW!

just how thick/thin is size 100? 

Dear Terri/Lady Sorce,

size 100 is the thinnest thread available in mercerized cotton. I usually use size 20, which people consider to be very thin. You can see the difference of sizes in my other posts. There is one design which I made in size 20 (a long time ago) and then I used size 50 and pointed out the difference in sizes. Since I am here in Australia I used size 80 and then size 100 for this pattern and I posted it (the doily had 38 rows and only ch, dc and ss stitches were involved).Size 80 measured 16 cm and size 100 measured 15 cm after pinning and starching. DMC thinnest thread is size 80, while ANCHOR produces size 100. The hook which I use for this thin threads is size 0,35 mm. The sewing needle used when finishing the work is for the finest cotton thread available.

Greetings from Down Under, Veronika

Archived