help with blanket pattern

creativeK

Question

I've been looking into blanket patterns(not sure which one I will make,granny square or something else) and found this V-stitch one but I'm confused,..

BLANKET
Ch 100.
Row 1: (Dc, ch 1, dc) in 5th ch from hook (V-st made), *sk next 2 ch, V-st in next ch; rep from * across to
last 2 ch, sk next ch, dc in last ch.
Row 2: Ch 3 (counts as dc here and throughout), turn, V-st in each ch-1 sp across, dc in top of turning ch –
32 V-sts and 1 dc at each edge.
Rows 3–50: Rep Row 2.
Do not fasten off.

I get everything except part of Row 2 "dc in top of turning ch – 32 V-sts and 1 dc at each edge."

8 answers to this question

The dc in top of turning chain is the last stitch in the row.

The part about 32 v sts and 1 dc at each edge is just a recap of what you just did.  A lot of patterns do this, it's to help you double check that your stitch count is correct.

ok thanks!

one more thing..which is the ch-1 space? the space in between each V st or the space in between the V itself?

It is the SPACE in between each V-st.  If you make it in the V-st itself, you're making V-st in the V-st of the previous row.  If this isn't clear, just let us know!

Happy crocheting!

The pattern is all v sts. A v st consists of a dc, ch, dc. There are no ch in between the v sts. So the only place there is a ch1 space is within each v st.

It could have been written as v st in v st, it would have meant the same thing.

Archived