I am so psyched!!!But I am a child of the 80s????

I am a vocal music teacher and also the drama director at the middle school that I teach in.

Well, I have decided to do "School House Rock Live! Jr." as our musical.......and it was just decided that we are going to try to stick to the 70s clothing that would have been present when the cartoon was on.

So naturally crocheted items fit in very well!!!

Besides ponchos what else can I crochet EASILY for costumes? I was born in 78 so I was not aware of style and I want to be as true to the time as possible!

anything made w/ granny squares and out of acrylic yarn (red heart comes to mind) you'll also want to check into fashions of that time to see the colors that were in style

A local group just did that play, i didn't get to see it, but my daughter's girl scout troop went, and they said it was a BLAST! so BREAK A LEG!!!

Oh how cool! I'm just a bill, yea I'm just a bill and I'm sittin here on Capitol Hill... Ooops, just reliving those Saturdays of watching School House Rocks on tv!!!!

Check out Groovy Crochet! They have awesome patterns all from that time period!!! Good luck!!!!!!!

my 6th grade english teacher had the full set recorded off the tv, and the "I'm just a bill" and "conjucntion junction" are the only two I really remember....and I still suck at english :P I remember one about interjections too, but not much about it!! (I do remember slightly seeing them on tv, but well that was before I was old enough to catch on)

Sherry

Very cool! :) I'd also say using orange, green, brown, or just off white or something. And I agree with the Granny Squares.

My grandma did make me a cape in the early 80's in orange and white... never wore it much... :blush

Looking at the FCEC, they have some updated 70's clothing and they have a long net scarf with fringe with Newsboy cap, long cape, jacket with belt, skirt with furry yarn border (picture of 70's one shows fringe and large tassles), a short caplet with big broach, and an open work dress over a body suit.

Perhaps also belts with tassles?

We still use the CD for our Astronomy Camps (Interplanet Janet) - in an effort to use different types of learning (music, lecture, movement, experiements, videos). :)

Archived