Addi swing hooks

Scraffy

Hooks have an individual feel to them.  You have to know what you like.  While I like a larger handle than the traditional basic metal hooks most of us start with I found the Addi to be too large.  I prefer the Bates Bamboo.  It gives me enough hook to hold on to without my hands cramping and not too much that my hands feel cramped from holding on to something too large.

Much also depends on how you hold your hook.  I have a modified knife handle.  So I find a round hook works better for me.  The Addi hook didn't conform to my hand where I needed it.

That being said I regifted the one I got and the person seemed very happy with it.  My suggestion is try different kinds of hooks.  You can often get them with coupons or find people who are willing to regift ones they don't use anymore because like me they tried and didn't like.  If you like it buy more.  If you don't send it on to someone who does like that brand.

I like the Addi's. I just don't care for the price on them. I use almost exclusively the Clover Amour hooks now. I have the whole set that I pieced a few at a time. My hands do not hurt (arthritis and bursitis) at all after using them for long periods of time with resting periodically.

Baily4 said it all: Try one and see if you like it. That's what I did; bought a G and H hook and made several small items. Worked out great.

I can only echo the advice to try different hooks.  I use a pencil hold and with  the Addi Swing I just have a long handle sticking out and adding weight needlessly.  However i do think Addi hooks are very well made and I have a couple of their plain handle steel hooks which are very smooth and true to size (which can be hard to find in the smallest sizes these days).

My favorite brand now is Tulip Etimo, and my #2 is Clover Amour.  

Archived