Circle Blanket What Size?

Jayashiangel

Question

7 answers to this question

It depends on what it is for, where it will be used.  My crochet club makes lapghans for Veterans' hospitals, and they request 35" squares and rounds.  We also make baby blankets, and make them roughly the same size   So I agree with ReniC--36" would be good.

I'll do 4 foot for round ripples - this way the inside is at least 3 feet across.

I haven't done a perfectly round blanket that large but if it's for anyone bigger than a toddler - the bigger the better.

I don't know if you guys remember that 8 foot round ripple with extra points (the light purple one).  I'm only 5'4" and it was just right for snuggling under.

I do baby blankets a minimum of 36 inches wide and a tad longer so they can grow into them, that was the request of hobby club for that size. The lap robes we do are 36 by 40 (requested that size) so I would agree 36 inches would be a good size. 

However, if I am giving to different organizations that don't require a specific size, I make them bigger since people come in all sizes.

Roe

Thanks everyone for assistance w/ the size... It's a gift my older daughter asked me to crochet for a friend of hers at work that is having a newborn in DEC they live back east were it gets cold..:O) Thought I better show the blanket off I finished...it's measures 36 inches...p.s. helps if you read the pattern basic instructions and not mis-read them it comes out more round that way lol...

I also will be making a few to donate as lap blankets for Hospice as well...

Archived