Unisex Baby Blanket Colors

Jayashiangel

Question

9 answers to this question

I've used pale green - comes in a hugeskein. An off white would look adorable with that. There's always yellow, too. If the parents to be are fun people, I like primary colors: bright blue, red, yellow, green, and maybe orange. I made a round ripple blanket with most of those colors. I think I spaced them with some bright white, if i remember correctly.

There are quite a few ideas you could run with.

All white, white with a pastel border, all cream, solid pastel green or yellow, OR............ just to name a few:

Happy Stripes

Rickrack Rainbow

Starlight

Sweet Ocean Breeze

Baby Blocks Afghan & Bib (one of my faves)

When I searched on Ravelry with "baby blanket", and marked off crochet, 40 pages surfaced! There are so many styles and colors out there.

Thanks for the suggestions I am just not a color person so I always need some help w/ this lol..Plus I am just doing for something to crochet

I talk to the Guy at my job so I don't know alot about the family other then what he tells me which is this is baby 4 all under age 5 years and they are Mormon ( so that doesn't tell me too much lol)

Whatever you make will be more than appreciated I'm sure! Sometimes I just walk through the yarn department and see what color speaks to me.....

Some people like more off beat colors these days such as browns and turquoises seem to be popular. I requested my grandma to make mint green/peach for my daughter. She thought that was off 25 years ago... lol not your average pink  or blue.  I just made a baby bumper for a lady that was what she called 'retro' colors. 

Archived