Slightly Confused...

J_Linz_77

Question

I'm making my first lapghan and everything was going smoothly until I ran across this instruction:

"Rep Rnd 4 for pat and work 2 more rnds with CC"

Am I supposed to repeat Rnd 4 a total of three times after the initial Rnd 4 or is this telling me that the pattern in Rnd 4 will be repeated twice...? Thank you to anyone who can help me out on this!

10 answers to this question

It's better to have the pattern to look at but I'd say whatever you did in round 4 you just keep doing until you reach the length of your lapghan then you finish it off with two rows of the contrasting color in the same pattern.

Post the link to the pattern though so we can see exactly what it says.

I agree that we need the pattern and a pic to tell you what it means.

It is possible that you will repeat round 4 more often to {Rep Rnd 4 for pat}.  You could - for instance-  rep row 4 ten times  :eek to achieve the pattern and then you would do it 2 more times in contrasting colour.  The pic should tell you how many rows you need to work.

Sorry, guys! I wasn't sure if I needed to include the actual pattern LOL! http://www.allfreecrochetafghanpatterns.com/Lapghan-Patterns/Crocheted-Granny-Lapghan.

From the picture, it looks as though Rnd 4 is done a total of three times (the Windsor Blue starts in Rnd 3). However, after counting, according to that, the total number of rounds (36) isn't right: the picture shows a 34 round lapghan... unless I'm counting wrong...

*grumbles* I have no idea what happened... went in to edit and now it works! Gah; I'm so computer inclined......

Anyway; try it now...

Huh... and it IS that same pattern, magiccrochetfan

it is a granny square so every round is pretty much a repeat of row 4 just with more stitches between corners.

Your only concern is following your colour changes as you go.

It is a good idea to add new yarn in a different corner each time.

Grannies are a big fave with me so I hope you get to enjoy them too,

Looking at it on my ipad i enlarged the photo, there are four rds of the dark blue. Then six rds of the ivory.

That's exactly what I thought! 

Thanks, everyone!

Okay... I get it, now. The instructions meant that for the remainder of the pattern, repeat the instructions for Rnd 4. What was confusing me was how many rounds of CC did I need to do the initial time before switching to CA

Archived