Cat cave Crochet?

I posted pics of the cat cave I have made.  I am wondering (as I said in that post) if these are useful items?  Do cats use these?  Are they a go-to place to rest?

I admit that I love the concept but I have been out of the furbaby land for a while now.

post-4896-0-92584200-1398183452_thumb.jpg

I know it should have been all black (or white) but black is a challenge these days.

Every cat is different and likes different things.  Some might really like it, some not so much.

My own opinion is that it is too collapsible.  I'm thinking a lot of kitties wouldn't like that smooshing them.  Some might though. Some like to burrow under blankets so they probably would like it.

It is a neat concept and I like the black and white.  Any colors would do really.

There are a couple different versions on Ravelry.  They might give you some ideas.

Yep, it definitely depends on the cat. One of my two I know would not waste his time at all. The other one I'm not sure; she might like it or she might ignore it as well. She's fickle and unpredictable. I can tell you if one of them were to take a liking to it then the other would become jealous and "steal" it. They do not like to share, and they do not like when the other has something they don't, even if it's not something they actually want.  :lol

Yep, it definitely depends on the cat. One of my two I know would not waste his time at all. The other one I'm not sure; she might like it or she might ignore it as well. She's fickle and unpredictable. I can tell you if one of them were to take a liking to it then the other would become jealous and "steal" it. They do not like to share, and they do not like when the other has something they don't, even if it's not something they actually want.  :lol

Not to insult your kitties but it might almost be called a "dog in the manger" attitude.  I do miss having furbabies around.  :cat

The huge Maine Coon I had and adored, was nuts about shopping bags. He would crawl inside then play with the handles, pulling them in and out of the bag. Guess he liked the sound of the plastic. Then he would proceed to fall asleep in the bag. He discovered a crochet shopping bag I had, similar in shape to your Cat Cave, and claimed it as his own and would do the same, falling asleep in it when he was tuckered out from playing. That and boxes were his favorite pastime for many years. Guess he liked the security of a closed environment. He was such a good cat and sure do miss him.

The huge Maine Coon I had and adored, was nuts about shopping bags. He would crawl inside then play with the handles, pulling them in and out of the bag. Guess he liked the sound of the plastic. Then he would proceed to fall asleep in the bag. He discovered a crochet shopping bag I had, similar in shape to your Cat Cave, and claimed it as his own and would do the same, falling asleep in it when he was tuckered out from playing. That and boxes were his favorite pastime for many years. Guess he liked the security of a closed environment. He was such a good cat and sure do miss him.

I think this cave would be just abut big enough for a Maine Coon cat.  They are amazing cats.

Archived