ISO- Name of Stitch

ReniC

Question

I came across this photo on Pinterest and found the original Etsy website it was pinned from- simply because I was intrigued by the stitch on the colored rows. I tried to figure it out but, it has me stumped. Does anyone recognize this stitch?. (I'm only interested in the stitch in the color rows- not the whole pattern.)

10 answers to this question

I don't recognize it, it is interesting looking!  seems almost knotted.  the project on the ravelry pattern listing has a very closeup photo http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/winifred-baby-blanket   but i can't tell how it was done.  

Okay, I think those rows are slip stitch, then tc, then slip stitch.  I thought they were probably something like when I looked at the first photo, and then when I saw from the Ravelry page which stitches were used, that confirmed my suspicions... :wink  there might even be chains in there, too - but I bet if you played around with it, you could figure it out...

Kathy- Magiccrochetfan: Thank you for the Ravelry link. Didn't even think to look there. I did message her on the Etsy site asking about the stitch but ,no answer. Not sure how to contact on Ravelry.

Melani- crabby rat: I tried the sl st, tr, sl st, but, it didn't work.

Next, as soon as I can, I will try Heather-h hensler's suggestion. Cross your fingers and keep your thinking caps on gals. I do appreciate all the help. This feels like another treasure hunt!

I wondered if the tc was an English term instead of American, if so, it would be a dc instead.  Good luck, and I hope you can figure it out!!  :)

Still not getting this. :reyes  My magical sense of crochet has flown out the window with that dust storm we had yesterday.   :think  

Try doing this as I think It may be a variation of the floret stitch.

The basic floret stitch is as follows:

Do a row of double crochet in color a.

In color b, turn and ch 1. *Sk first st., dc in next, sl st in next......repeat * to end of row.

Next row is in color a and you dc across.

Continue these two rows.

I'll try this and get back with you this afternoon. Sounds promising. Thank you :D

I'm back- finally! Thank you #1Crochetfan! (jumping up and down here!) I hadn't heard of the Floret Stitch before now.
I tried the suggestion and it was so close I almost stopped experimenting with it when I realized I was skipping a stitch after every dc. I omitted the skipped stitch and it looks great. I am in the middle of 2 different afghans and can't wait to complete them so I can make a toddler blanket pattern out of this stitch.
Thank you all so much for your participation in helping me discover this stitch. :hug

*ETA: Just found this video tute for the stitch!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Try doing this as I think It may be a variation of the floret stitch.
The basic floret stitch is as follows:
Do a row of double crochet in color a.
In color b, turn and ch 1. *Sk first st., dc in next, sl st in next......repeat * to end of row.
Next row is in color a and you dc across.
Continue these two rows.

Sorry ReniC. I meant to put the asterisk after the -sk first stitch. I posted in a rush yesterday and I'm sorry that I drove you crazy but at least you figured it out.

No problem. I enjoyed the search, as always.

Sorry ReniC. I meant to put the asterisk after the -sk first stitch. I posted in a rush yesterday and I'm sorry that I drove you crazy but at least you figured it out.

Archived