Recreate Pattern

Nyteski Masen

Question

I received an afghan kit that was ready to crochet (pre-measured yarn and pattern were included) from my grandmother :manyheart . I am unsure about the yarn amount, or weight (pattern says to use a size F/5 hook. I was wondering if anyone could help me if I wanted to do this pattern again purchasing my own yarn. :(

4 answers to this question

Was the project an afghan? Was the yarn 1 large skein or many small skeins? Most skeins are 3.5 oz. (100 gr). If you want it to be the same, take a scrap of yarn with you for comparison. Buy the same # of skeins that look like the size/weight from the kit. If you just like pattern, you can make it with any yarn/hook size. It might come out bigger/smaller, but it would be fine. I change hooks/yarns in patterns all the time (sometimes the pattern itself :lol).

Ellie 13

Yes it is an afghan (Ellie 13)....as for who the kit was by the bottom of the instruction/box cover is torn (which is where i am guessing the yarn weight and amount was) so i cant see that part put higher up on the pattern side there is a name and address Ms. Eve Sullivan for Needlecraft Corporation of America.... I dont know if that helps

Archived