Need Help With Amigurumi Pattern

EH2717

Question

I'm a Beginner at crochet but I know the basic stitches already. I wanted to make an amigurumi but I don't understand the pattern at all. Please I need help with simplifying it & making it easier to understand

Round 1: Using A and MC, work 4 DC. 4 sts

Round 2: (2dc in next DC, dc in next DC) rep around. 6 sts

Round 3; (2dc in next DC, DC in next 2 dc) rep around. 8 sts

Round 4: DC around. 8sts

Round 5: (2dc in next DC,DC in next 3 DC) rep around. 10 sts

Round 6: DC around. 10 sts

Round 7: (DC in next 3 DC, dc2tog) rep around. 8 sts

Round 8: DC around. 8 sts

Round 9: (DC in next 2 DC, dc2tog) rep around. 6 sts

Round 1: using A Mc, work 8 DC. 8 sts

Round 2: 2dc into each st. 16 sts

Round 3: (2dc in next DC,DC in next DC) rep around. 24 sts

Round 4: (2dc in next DC, DC In next 3 DC) rep around. 32 sts

Round 5: (2dc in next DC,DC in next 5 DC) rep around 40 sts

Round 6-12 DC around. 40 sts

Round 13: (DC in next 3 DC, dc2tog) rep around. 32 sts

Round 14: ( DC in next 2 DC, dc2tog) rep around. 24 sts

Round 15: ( DC in next DC, dc2tog) rep around 16 sts

13 answers to this question

I'm a Beginner at crochet but I know the basic stitches already. I wanted to make an amigurumi but I don't understand the pattern at all. Please I need help with simplifying it & making it easier to understand

Round 1: Using A and MC, work 4 DC. 4 sts

Round 2: (2dc in next DC, dc in next DC) rep around. 6 sts

Round 3; (2dc in next DC, DC in next 2 dc) rep around. 8 sts

Round 4: DC around. 8sts

Round 5: (2dc in next DC,DC in next 3 DC) rep around. 10 sts

Round 6: DC around. 10 sts

Round 7: (DC in next 3 DC, dc2tog) rep around. 8 sts

Round 8: DC around. 8 sts

Round 9: (DC in next 2 DC, dc2tog) rep around. 6 sts

Round 1: using A Mc, work 8 DC. 8 sts

Round 2: 2dc into each st. 16 sts

Round 3: (2dc in next DC,DC in next DC) rep around. 24 sts

Round 4: (2dc in next DC, DC In next 3 DC) rep around. 32 sts

Round 5: (2dc in next DC,DC in next 5 DC) rep around 40 sts

Round 6-12 DC around. 40 sts

Round 13: (DC in next 3 DC, dc2tog) rep around. 32 sts

Round 14: ( DC in next 2 DC, dc2tog) rep around. 24 sts

Round 15: ( DC in next DC, dc2tog) rep around 16 sts

OK, first--the numbers at the ends of each line of instructions refers to how many stitches you will end up with in that particular row.  the instructions inside each set of parentheses is what you will repeat across the row.  In Row 1 it says to use A and MC--this pattern apparently uses 2 strands of colors throughout, so it means to use whatever "A" stands for in your directions in the pattern, and "MC" stands for whatever color is your "Main Color"

Do you know how to dc2tog ?  Let us know.  When it says "DC in next 3DC" it means to double crochet in each of the next 3 double crochet stitches.

Let us know if this helps!  If not, maybe someone else can word it better than I!!  Good Luck!

Usually Amis are mostly worked in single crochet stitches. If this pattern is written in English, double crochet is the equivalent of American single crochet . Just for your info.:)

I've seen MC mean Main color.

Me too but looking at the link I gave and this pattern I think it does mean magic circle.

Hi, good luck with it. Please say what you are making and where the pattern is for us to help you better. Thanks

Usually Amis are mostly worked in single crochet stitches. If this pattern is written in English, double crochet is the equivalent of American single crochet . Just for your info. :)

Good info,  glad you mentioned that.

I was thinking that about the English/American terms, too.  dc would make it challenging to stuff and not have the stuffing come through.  If she has a link or the pattern name if its not free online someone may have it and be able to help.

Just another note in case it doesn't mention it, you'll want to mark the first stitch in each round so you know where you started and where to begin the next row.  It doesn't look like these are joined, so you'll be working in a spiral.  Making sure you mark that stitch makes your life much easier as you track your rows.

I am trying to make a bunny

Desugn found in Amigurumii by LAN-ANH & Joesphine Wan if that helps :)

& thank you all

It does as that's the book I found in the link above. The amazon page has a look inside . cute patterns very tempting but i have too many now.

book

Have you gotten anywhere or are you still having problems?

Archived