I need help identifying these stitches

CrochetPunk

Question

12 answers to this question

I don't know what the source is. A friend of mine and I share pictures of things we find online and she sent me both of these pictures. I was so sure they were crochet. I asked her where she got the pictures and she said she looked them up on Goggle Images while searching for crocheted cowls. I sent one of these pictures to a YouTube user who crochets and makes videos and she said she wasn't sure either. I thought someone here would know. I guess I'll never find out..

It's probably crochet.  It looks like a big hook - I'd guess a Q - and two strands of yarn held together.

I think the images come from this Etsy seller:

http://www.etsy.com/shop/HookedWear?ref=l2-shopheader-name

because this looks a lot like (if not identical to) the picture of the blue one...

http://www.etsy.com/listing/82514832/the-favorite-cowl-scarf-hood-warmer?ref=shop_home_active_24

Looks like just single crochet to me, but very BIG stitches... so they are "looser" than what you might be used to.  I could be wrong, but that's what they look like to me... :)

I've been VERY busy lately but I found some time to do a test run of singles with my Q hook annnnnd.... Nope.It didn't really look anything like the pictures. I hope someone will come along and throw in a few more suggestions soon.          :rain 

I can't quite make it out either, however it looks like there are chains between the stitches and maybe the sc's are somehow twisted around.  I also think that a large hook was used, but not a Q; perhaps an M or N.

I'm really wondering if it isn't made on a round loom?  A friend of mine used to make hats that had a similar stitch on her round loom!  And I really don't remember if they were knit or crochet.  I guess it was just "loomed"!!! :lol  :lol 

It looks like sc done between the legs instead of directly beneath the V.  I would a guess a P hook.  It's not loose enough for 2 strands and a Q and it's too tight for an N nook.

If you look at the thicker line that runs between/beneath the Vs it's pretty thick in there.

Archived