Help with scarf pattern

shamirhila

Question

9 answers to this question

When it says "repeat from * across" it means to repeat the instructions between * to the word "repeat".  In other words, you (ch 3, skip next 2 ch, dc in next ch, ch 3, skip next 2 ch, sc in next ch) until you get to the end of the row.  If this doesn't make sense, please let us know.

I see what you mean and I think if you do it you will see how they are used. Row 2 doesn't have repeats or *  so I don't think that is the question.

When you do row 2 you will do a sc then a ch then a sc in next sc (you will skip the ch 2 between those sc ) and those chs will count as stitches used.

I see what you mean and I think if you do it you will see how they are used. When you do row 2 you will do a sc then a ch then a sc in next sc (you will skip the ch 2 between those sc ) and those chs will count as stitches used

So just to do the stitches on the sc and dc and not on the chs?

I think I understand now. I'll try it.

Thank you :)

I'm sorry if I led you astray, I was following what was said above my post and didn't look closely at the pattern (which is very pretty, by the way!)

Notice in Row 1 the chain count and the stitch count don't match there, either ( you are chaining 3, and skipping only 2 chains ).  In row 2 and above, the chains and shell stitches (many stitches made into 1 stitch) will 'fill up' the row as written.

Look at the photo - the chains are left unworked, they are the horizontal lines that make the lacy effect. 

I have this pattern in my To-Do pile but haven't been able to start before now. I went ahead and did a swatch of Row 1-4 and took pics of each row. Not the best of yarn to show a demo but the stitches are clear enough. If you're interested I'll post them for you.

Hi, I tried to make a scarf from the next pattern: http://www.redheart.com/files/patterns/pdf/LW3277.pdf
Row 2-4 doesn't seem to get to the end, it actually covers only 8-9 stitches.
Please someone help me with the pattern!!!
Thank you so much!

I have this pattern in my To-Do pile but haven't been able to start before now. I went ahead and did a swatch of Row 1-4 and took pics of each row. Not the best of yarn to show a demo but the stitches are clear enough. If you're interested I'll post them for you.

I would like to see the photos.

Thank you very much :)

Here you go. I followed the pattern as written.

Hope they help.

1st pic: Row 1-2

2nd pic: Row 3

3rd pic: Row 4

post-17452-0-61380700-1390093660_thumb.jpg

post-17452-0-87144200-1390093672_thumb.jpg

post-17452-0-61173400-1390093685_thumb.jpg

Archived