what is the rdc?

artebella

Question

Good evening and a happy new year to all of you!!

I am making a pattern and in second round writes "work 1 dc in every rdc". What is the rdc?? is any video tutorial for this stitch because i don't know hot to do it!

thanks a lot..

8 answers to this question

What is pattern and where is it as that would help us better, it's hard to say without more info?  It could be a typo for hdc or even a special abbr. from the designer.

Is there anything in the pattern indicating what an rdc is? Usually if there is a special stitch in a pattern there are instructions on how to work it. What is the pattern? If it is available online can you post the link? Maybe if we can take a look at it, we can figure it out. It is possible it is just a typo and the r is not supposed to be there. 

It's a misprint.  If you look around and get the pattern written in British "english" terms, it's treble crochets and the second row is work trebles into each treble.

Since the pattern you're working from is written in American english - that RDC is supposed to just be DC

first i thought it was raised double crochet but i saw in ravelry from photos other friends have crocheted this cardi not seems for raised double crochet..then i thought it will be something that i dont' know..i think is a typo..i will crochet just double crochet in every dc..i believe this is right..

thanks a lot!

I'm thinking and guessing as everyone else. At the bottom of the pattern, it mentions to contact them if you found an error. Maybe you should let them know to clarify what rdc is in row 2. I think it may mean right side of piece in that row where you make your double crochet stitches because it mentions wrong side/ right side throughout the pattern.

Archived