2014 Afghans for NICU babies for Christmas - Delivered!

badrhinogillett

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On the topic of Facebook Group... since people have asked.  I've thought about it, and my concern is taking away from this thread- and Crochetville.  I like the idea of more people being able to reach the group to donate- but it would also be great if those people came here to the Ville.

I've raised the issue with Amy to see her thoughts on the matter - as if this is something that goes forward, I'd only be comfortable with it if Amy/Donna are ok with it.  If something works out, I"ll let you all know.

Ok, I talked to Amy and she was ok with us having a Facebook Group.  I made it a closed group since I eventually give these people my address.  This way, we can control who is in it and we are the ones adding people to it.  Please only add people who you actually know.  

The group is:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/303209316470887/

You may need to message me so that I can add you to the group.  Once you are added, you can add your friends who craft, but may not be members here. 

Amy just posted about this on Facebook - I'd love to be a part of it.  I pick a charity each year to focus on and this year it will be your group.  I'll send a request to join the group page you've set up on Facebook.

Darlene, you send them to me.  When you are ready to mail just let me know and I'll PM you my address.  

As for size - I like you to make what you like as I hope that maybe that means you'll make more than one (sneaky, huh? ).  The babies range in size from a Barbie Doll - to a chunky 1 year old baby.   for extreme preemie figure 16-18 inches... but I usually do all my ghans at least 24 inches (up to 36 depending on what size child I'm intending it for).  THat way, it can be used for a newborn, or used to wrap a preemie that doesn't make it home.  When it's slightly larger than the 16-18 inches, it can be used to wrap a preemie up as they pass away in their parents arms.

This is such a wonderful program! I have previously participated in making layetts for the Red Cross to provide for military families in need. As a nurse, I do see how wonderful this is for any patient. Thank you for what you do. I would love to be a part of your team. I will also look you up on  fb so pleas approve my member reguest.

Dorothea

I would love to donate to your cause as well! I had a little guy, who was born 6 weeks early and spent 10 days in the NICU. I have donated hats and booties to our local NICU, and I crocheted him little hats as we sat by his bedside. :heartI have also asked to join your Facebook page. I have a page as well Britteny's Boutique that I have shared your cause on too! 

I just joined -- saw this announcement on Moogly. I would love to make NICU blankets. Shall I just begin and then let you know when I have several to send?

Gwen, crochet away!  When you're ready to send me something, let me know and I'll PM you my address.  Thank you so much!

Have you considered making a facebook page for this?  I'd love to spread it around to others on my facebook.

I'm in.  Thank you for doing what you do!

Just gotta say, Thank you Melindawitchy for the suggestion!  The Facebook group now has 59 members!  I think this is going to be an AMAZING year for the NICU!

would love to be a part of this, could you add me to your facebook page ..thanks Marlene Svenkesen

Marlene, since we aren't friends on FAcebook, I can't find you.  You need to come to the page and request to be added and I'll get it done.

Archived