hey I fineally did it!!

mc_crochets

now I need suggestions :P

Here are some pictures of the marlvolus felted bag designed by Deneen(bad pictures...still can't find the camera :blush, so I hooked up the good ole' webcam)

th_cap_102.jpg

th_cap_103.jpg

(images are clickable---but not much improvement)

It has shrunk about 2 inches all around, it started out at 7 inches across the bottom, 9 inches from the bottom to the top and laid flat it was 12 inches across, now its (apx) 5, 7, and 9. The stitch defination is still there too, although it did puff out some and isn't NEARLY as holey as it was before.....I'm wondering if I should run thru again....I did it on 1 and a half wash cycles (I didn't rinse cause our only rinse option is cold and I didnt know if i should use cold or not :P yeah i'm a dork) What do yall think?? OH and btw this is pattons classic merino in the colour "denim blues" which I am in love with.....thanks again to the bestest secret pal in the world ;)

Sherry

and now its JUST RIGHT :D I did add vinegar to my initial wash cycle, but on that cycle I didn't let it rinse (I wasn't sure if that would keep it from shrinking later if I decided it wasn't right yet) so after Beth's post, I went and rewashed it and let it run all the way thru and here is the final result:

th_cap_104.jpgth_cap_105.jpgth_cap_106.jpg

(clickable tumbnails)

bottom (across)=5"

height (not counting handles)=6"

flat width= 8"

Now I just gotta find time to tackle that fcec bag ;) I have some blue and yellow yarn from knit picks I bought just for felting myself a bag!

Thank you so much for the advise!! I've been stalking this section of the board way entirely too long :lol

:hook:hook:hook

Sherry

ps: the colour turned out a nice washed denim color (not light, not dark) but my webcam isn't doing it justice....

Archived