This might be fun, where do you shop?

I love shopping at Aldi's. They recently opened two stores in nearby towns, so it's either a 7 or 9 mile ride. I should be on their payroll, because I tell everyone about how much they can save there and how quick and easy it is to run thru their store... There's no comparison shopping, you buy what they have, and they only have one of each product. I've never had any problem with their brand either, except I think their cream of mushroom soup is lousy.

Milk is 1.50 cheaper, per gallon, than the corner dairy store, crackers and any type of chips are all inexpensive, so are their cereals. I figure I save a $80-100 easily by shopping there every few weeks. We don't get our meat there, I figure our Aldi's savings allows us to splurge at the local little meat store... so it probably all evens out. Fyi, they sell a huge tub of ice cream for $6, it's yummy, too! Apple pie, frozen to bake at home, really delicious with a crumb topping,,,$3.49. Saltines 89 cents,, jar of molasses, less than $2. so is their butter! 

Big savings on everything! We do buy stuff we would normally pass by on our fixed income, they have lots of yummy tempting imported cookies and candy, nice that they are affordable and we can toss a few imported treats in the carriage without that guilt I used to have.

Be sure to bring your reusable bags, they don't have bags unless you buy them.. I keep a couple of laundry baskets in the car, too, makes sorting and carting the stuff in a lot easier.

Best part? Door to door, shopping is all done in just less than an hour! and half that time is spent in the car.

Still wish they would put me on their payroll, for all the kudos i give them!

We have ALDI stores in Europe sice at least 20 years ...

uselly very cheap,

and uselly poor pople go there;.

.but since about 5 years, even bourgeois wealthy poeple go there ,

because of the vast choices and the very low prices.

Myself I only buy things, objects there, never food...

I prefer to buy fresh food in biological ecological farms and stores around my village.

I am suprised Aldi is also in USA.

Do you know ZEEMAN ? HEMA ?from Holland and now all over Europe also, cheap and good quality for the price, .

FleurBelge

• 3 months later...

wow, such variety, I worked at Hyvee once, lol, we have those here too, but i don't every shop there. Their stores are tremendously huge, I don't know where things are, and once, went there for a neighbor who was recooping from a broken ankle, and stood in the aisle, bewildered, everything on her list, I could not find....I finally asked for help,I don't go to stores I don't know, never again,lol

Course we have Michaels, Hobby Lobby, Joannes, and walmart for yarn, I think there are a couple local yarn shops too, but there are further from me,and don't go there too often.and we have quilt shops,and shops with just beads in them!

I don't particularly like aldis,been there maybe twice, and the thing i didnt like was the lack of varitety! LOL i LIKE my NAME BRANDS!kinda of nice to see the variety here in this thread,huh!

Archived