Color to go with Caron One Pound deep violet

ddc

Question

I'm trying to use up my One Pound stash (making lapghans) without buying more, and I have no idea what to do with the deep violet. I only have one skein of it, and that isn't really enough for a lapghan, and I can't come up with a color to use with it. It's so dark that white would be very stark. It doesn't seem the off white would be much better, and to my eye, none of the other colors really go with it.

Any suggestions from those of you familiar with the One Pound colors would be welcome. If you tell me it would look great with x, I'll do it, regardless of what I think of the combination. These are all for donation, so I won't have to look at it for very long :lol I just need some creative help with this. I could do it mixing it with another brand, but I would really rather not have to do that.

6 answers to this question

I am familiar with that color. I know you didn't want to mix brands (I do it all the time and usually have no problem) but what may work is Red Heart Soft White, it isn't as glaring as white which I have used with certain bright colors and not as beigy as off white or ecru. Your best bet may be to take it to the yarn department and hold it up to other colors and see what looks good.

LI Roe

If you have it in your stash, Caron One Pound in Lilac #0577 matches very well with Deep Violet. I'm making another afghan out of these two colors with a splash of other purples and white.

This link to the pic I showed previously here on the Ville will show you how the colors fit together.

Ok, lilac it is. I think of the lilac as more blue and planned to use it with the lavender, but I have more options for that. I have no idea what pattern I'll use, but something will work.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Archived