1st Issue of Crochet World?

Braxxi

Does anyone out there happen to know what the very first issue of Crochet World Magazine is? I have an email in to Annie's Attic, but who knows what they will have to say!

The CD for Crochet World 2001-2010 has February 2001 on it. I also have the Premier Issue for the Special Issues, which is Winter 1990.

I'm sorry maybe I'm misunderstanding the question because the answers are not what I think they should be.  Crochet World is much older than 2001. I have one from 1982 and 1985 and I think a couple others.

very first issue of Crochet World Magazine

Ravelery has June 1978 in the library.  Not sure if that is the very first one or not.

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/periodicals/crochet-world-magazine

I've picked up some vintage ones that are from the late 1970's.  The ones I have use black and white photographs, have a different paper format, and the layout is a bit different.  I've found some cute Christmas and doll patterns in them.

I've got a Crochet World Omni edition from 1979.  So it looks like they were doing special editions from the beginning.

When I bought the CD I wondered if the formating on the old editions was too hard to adapt when they put it together.

Thanks everyone! From what Ravelry has listed, I'm going to guess the 1st issue would be April 1978. They have the next one - June 1978 - listed as volume 2 for that year. They sure have been around a long time.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived