Dye lots

JoyinCT

Question

Hi,

My daughter and I have been looking at tablecloth patterns. We've found one we like and we'd like to use DMC Cebelia white size 20 thread but cannot find enough balls in the same dye lot.  I saw a post at another site where this lady said even if you order from the company they do not guarantee dye lots.  Anyone have any suggestions on what we should do??

Thanks,

Joy

8 answers to this question

Hi Kathy

I think it's 25 or maybe 29 balls  sorry for not remembering the exact number  but my memory has packed up and left me behind in the dust.. I've looked at 4 sites so far and they say no guarantees but i'm not giving up yet. some have said that dye lots don't matter for white thread just for the colored thread  but we don't want to take that chance. After all there will be the expense and all that work involved then to have it ruined by a difference in shades of white.  

Thanks

Agree, been there done that with white die lots. 

I haven't had the ambition to make a whole tablecloth yet, but for a large runner I used the majority die lot for the center motifs, and the other die lot for the edging.  It's, ahh, a design feature. (ahem). 

If I were to get get stuck with multiple die lots for a tablecloth, I think I'd do something similar - there might be a little waste, but keeping the die lots together in rounds so to speak might look less odd than stripes going across, or die lots scattered all over.  Hopefully your pattern is join-as-you-go-able.

Hi Granny Square,

My daughter will be the one actually doing the crocheting, I'll be the support team.  My hands on't work like they use to and crocheting is too hard right now.  But I can't turn away from crocheting altogether either.  It's something I always loved to do.  I want to look into pattern making

Archived