llshiff

Crochet Duffel Bag - Strap is Too Long

Question

My duffel bag turned out great, but I think that I made the strap too long.  Of course, I already attached it and weaved in the ends.  I am afraid to go digging around to find the ends, in an attempt to remove the strap...any other ideas.  I was thinking of making a "shoulder pad" by overlapping the strap at the top where it would sit on your shoulder.  I would appreciate any other ideas.  I made this for my grand daughter and want to send it to her next week.  The strap is approximately 2 inches wide.  If I leave it as is, the bag would land just at or below her hip, I am guessing. 

Thanks, Lori

6 answers to this question

Sometimes purses have a wider piece sewed to the middle of the shoulder strap so it sits on the shoulder more comfortably. Maybe you could hide the overlap by sewing on a small rectangular piece with a reverse sc edging.

Thanks for the feedback....I could barely concentrate until I had this fixed.  In the end, I decided to cut the strap and take my chances at finding all the weaved in ends.  I got lucky, and the strap has been shortened and reattached.

• Like 1

I only saw this now.  Had I seen it before I'd have told you to just leave it alone because it could be used as a crossbody duffle bag -that would offload some of the weight of the contents.

I personally like longer straps on bags.

Thanks for the advice...I think it is still long enough for wearing crossbody (it was REALLY long before).  I posted a picture of the finished product in the Show and Tell under DANCE Duffel Bag.