Random Crochet Questions

Zhaylin Black

Question

lol  I'm always wondering this and that, so instead of creating a new thread for all my ponderings, I thought I'd just create one.

Everyone else should feel free to ask away as well :)

I suck at crochet circles.  And I'm pressed for time to finish my projects.  When I played around with creating my pony tail net, I discovered it's easier for me to decrease than increase (though not in a proper fashion- skipping a chain here and there is an easy thing to do lol).

I'm now making a gift bag.  I started with a chain of 60.  I slip stitched it, chained three then triple (?) 60 into the center.  I spread the triples evenly then single crocheted into the center of each triple stitch.  Now I'm working doubles, decreasing one with each row until I get to a length I like, then I'll go back to singles and close off the bottom.

My question is:  Is this an actual method?  Is it called something so I can look up patterns in the future?

• Answers 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you both.  That site is awesome, MysterySister!

That's what I thought, Granny.

"Working along side of ribbing, work 1 single crochet in each row, turn – 40 single crochet."

Which is why I included a pic and asked about my rows.  I only have 21 ribs... Ahhh, but 41 rows between the ribs.

Thanks!   :rolleyes   :lol 

I'm working on another bag and I stumbled upon a stitch I'm not sure of.

With double crochet (as all others I'm sure lol) there are the front and back loops.  But there's also a stitch beneath them.  What is that?  Or is it not normally used?

Archived