crochet socks

• 2 weeks later...

I have made them. They are much easier than people think. I make them from the toe up so they can be tried on as my work progresses, therefore no sizing mistakes.

I am making my first pair.  how easy and all the same stitch.  glad I found a pattern.

anybody else made them???

What pattern did you use?

• 1 month later...

I am trying to make my first pair using 

video.

But after 15 rows, just the top of my foot is covered :lol , so I'm going to add more rows until I get to my heel.

Because of her video, though, I learned about foundation chains which is extra exciting for me lol

I've made a couple pairs over the years. I prefer knitted socks, though. My oldest niece got a kick out of some mis-matched crochet socks I made for her when she was younger though. They made it super easy for her to run and slide really far across the floors. LOL She wore holes in those things (she would even wear them outside), and I had to make another pair for her. 

I tried to make a pair, using the Easy Does It pattern, and they kept coming out too small and too tight. I gave up. I mean, I live in the desert and wear socks for maybe 2 weeks a year. There are a lot of other things I prefer to make. But I say, go for it!  You are bound to have better luck than I did.

They were too tight for me and I only have tiny feet.

You have to either start your foundation chain with a couple more chains or increase more and ealier but you just have to keep trying it on to see if require more stitches or rows.

:clap i found the pattern in the crochet enclypedia  thing you get at JoAnn's etc  ; the one with the purple cover
   love it ; first I sorta had a problem ; but figured it out; I have been using paton's streach yarn and love it
I have knitted at lest dozen and dozens of socks; while i love knitting them too;

it always seemed the pattern I was using ; the heel didn't quite fit;

the paton's yarn will give and fit my foot and it stays up and doesn't fall down; :lol:manyheart

Archived