DMC thread

AshEgypt

Has anyone ever worked with DMC thread #25 (you know the little itty bitty hanks that you usually buy to do cross stitch or make bracelets)? It's difficult because the darn thing splits. Any tips such as what size hook did you use? Also I'm looking for a patttern for a bunny shaped head and a cat shaped head. Thanks!

:frog

I didn't know that it was #25 DMC thread. I have used this and separate out the thread into 2 strands. I have a ton of crossstitch thread from my x-stitch sweatshirt days. I usually use a 6 or 7 needle with it.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know about size of the embriodery thread I used at the last time I made this lace for my gown ,, its in the other room but anyways I have crochet many things with embriodery threads. I made a collar for my gown I made and love it. I use 2 shades of a olive green. I couldn't find nothing I like in the lace department in Wal-mart and Hobby Lobby at the time so I made my own lace. Just take your time with it. I would say tho the 1st --2 rows are the hardest after that.. its easy. I love the look and feel of it. I will try and remember to post a picture of it tommorrow when I find it.

Archived