CLOSED: Ribbed Hat With Cuff (hat)

Please note: I'm in the UK so depending when you post messages, there may be a delay with my responses.

Description: This hat is worked in a spiral fashion from the top all the way down and is only a written pattern using US crochet terminology.

Skill level: intermediate

Materials: You will need approximately 100g of medium weight yarn (might be slightly more or less, depending on your tension), you will also need a crochet hook 4.5mm, scissors and tapestry/yarn needle. Look for a yarn that suggests a hook size of 5mm or 4.5mm but a 4.5mm hook will give you approximately the right size of hat for a medium adult head.

Number of Testers Needed: 2

Time to complete project: Takes me several hours, but I’m slow!

Deadline: 18th April 2013

Tester Experience: Experience at pattern testing preferred

Tester Responsibilities: I am going to need feedback and opinions on (a) hook size, (b) suggested yarn type and weight, (c ) opinions on the number of rows after the increase section and (d) rows in the cuff area.

The pattern will be sent in PDF format.

post-66656-0-85550000-1365726776_thumb.jpg

post-66656-0-57264100-1365726819_thumb.jpg

sent PM.

Thanks LaVonneK.  As you said in your message, I think this is a great hat for men or women and looks good in any colour or multiple colours.

Maybe one or two more testers, any takers?  Thanks to the 2 so far.  Help gratefully received!

Archived