Heart row diagram

Afghaniac

Question

http://www.surprisediy.com/diy-146.html

Still a novice at interpreting symbol crochet, I'm a little unsure about how to do the second row in the diagram for this cute heart row pattern. In between each shell group, there are two sc stitches, and what I think  is  an  sc (plus sign) between two sc. Does that seem right? The plus sign for an sc seems to hover above above the previous row rather than rest right on it in the diagram. Can somebody clear this up for me?

9 answers to this question

http://www.surprisediy.com/diy-146.html

Still a novice at interpreting symbol crochet, I'm a little unsure about how to do the second row in the diagram for this cute heart row pattern. In between each shell group, there are two sc stitches, and what I think  is  an  sc (plus sign) between two sc. Does that seem right? The plus sign for an sc seems to hover above above the previous row rather than rest right on it in the diagram. Can somebody clear this up for me?

It is commonly accepted symbols and based onthe swatch, using US/American CH-Chain  SC-SIngle Crochet and DC-Double Crochet.

The Plus/SC is under 2 DOUBLE Crochet not 2 SINGLE crochet as you have written above

Hope This Helps

Enjoy the Making

Wheat

It is commonly accepted symbols and based onthe swatch, using US/American CH-Chain  SC-SIngle Crochet and DC-Double Crochet.

The Plus/SC is under 2 DOUBLE Crochet not 2 SINGLE crochet as you have written above

Hope This Helps

Enjoy the Making

Wheat

Yes, I see that the base row is dc, not sc, but I still don't know whether the sc in the second row goes into a dc or between two dc.

it does look like the sc goes between two dc.  

the row after the shell which forms the heart is wrong, i think.  it shows 5 sc but it should be 2 ch, sc in ch sp of the shell, ch 2.  

do you have any other reference for this?  a better photo maybe?  

it does look like the sc goes between two dc.  

the row after the shell which forms the heart is wrong, i think.  it shows 5 sc but it should be 2 ch, sc in ch sp of the shell, ch 2.  

do you have any other reference for this?  a better photo maybe?  

Thanks for taking a look at it. You're right about the sc, but, wow, the rest of it sure has me baffled. Every time I think I'm getting the hang of symbol crochet, I get stymied by some diagram!

I found this blog with a very similar if not the same design.   There are written instructions besides the diagram.  Maybe it will help

http://brightbag.blogspot.com/2012/10/blanket-of-hearts.html

Thank you! When I searched for a heart border, I came up empty. What's your web searching secret??!! Got one by asking a Raveler, and just stumbled on the one that's got me bumfuzzled. I know I'll do better with the text one you linked.

Thank you! When I searched for a heart border, I came up empty. What's your web searching secret??!! Got one by asking a Raveler, and just stumbled on the one that's got me bumfuzzled. I know I'll do better with the text one you linked.

I searched for "Crochet hearts in a row" , then looked at the images, found one that looked like the one you showed, and it led me to the blog link I gave you.  I think I just got lucky this time; I've already spent way too,much time searching for something , other times you find something without too much trouble.   ;)

Thanks for taking a look at it. You're right about the sc, but, wow, the rest of it sure has me baffled. Every time I think I'm getting the hang of symbol crochet, I get stymied by some diagram!

Well, there are good and not so good diagrams. This one is not very good.

The sc + sign between the dcs is in the red heart row.  It's how it attaches it to the bottom row,

For the heart row you would ch1 and sc between the 1st and 2nd dc, *sk 3dc, shell (2dc, ch1, 2dc) in sc, sk 3 dc, sc in sp between*

Archived