Need help with displaying bookmarks

Avon Lady

Question

I'm planning on making some bookmarks for crafts shows this year.  I've seen them at other shows packaged in cellophane.  I like that idea for keeping them clean while everyone looks through them.  Do you buy the packaging or make it, or what??  I suppose, if worse comes to worse, I could always cut up Ziploc bags or such...  ????? 

7 answers to this question

You can get clear cellophane bags in a variety of sizes.  Look in the candy /cake making section of your local craft shop, Michaels, Hobby Lobby, Target.  Also you can order them online at Nashville Wraps

You can get clear cellophane bags in a variety of sizes.  Look in the candy /cake making section of your local craft shop, Michaels, Hobby Lobby, Target.  Also you can order them online at Nashville Wraps

Thanks!!

This might not look as nice as purchased bags, but I have a hand-held heat-sealing device that I've used to convert ziploc type bags into little sealed bags to keep leftover beads, buttons and such together. It's meant to seal up potato chip bags and such.

Google 'bag resealer', mine is a Eurosealer which is about $12 on Amazon.

you may want to measure your book marks, allow at least 1/2 inch on each side to ease insertion.  If you choose the type with the sealing tape on the bottom,  you can then select one long enough for all your products and "shorten" as needed. 

I like to get them wide enough to insert a business card so that you can include details (care instruction, your contact information, etc)

Not the least expensIve but certainly the way to best display and protect your work. It has been proven over and over, the more professional your presentation, the better return on your investment.

http://www.clearbags.com/bags/clear-bags

There are somewhat less expensive sources for these, but most require significant quantity (read that 1,000's per size)

Best of Luck at your sale

Enjoy The Making

Wheat

you may want to measure your book marks, allow at least 1/2 inch on each side to ease insertion.  If you choose the type with the sealing tape on the bottom,  you can then select one long enough for all your products and "shorten" as needed. 

I like to get them wide enough to insert a business card so that you can include details (care instruction, your contact information, etc)

Not the least expensIve but certainly the way to best display and protect your work. It has been proven over and over, the more professional your presentation, the better return on your investment.

http://www.clearbags.com/bags/clear-bags

There are somewhat less expensive sources for these, but most require significant quantity (read that 1,000's per size)

Best of Luck at your sale

Enjoy The Making

Wheat

Thanks, Wheat!  I bought some "starter" bags at WalMart (surprise, surprise!!) that will be fine for my first bookmarks (the angel bookmarks fit just fine in them!) but I bookmarked (no pun intended!) that Clear Bags web site for future use--their prices are really reasonable!  I paid $1.99 for 12 bags at Wally World.  And they only had the one size, so I'll be shopping again when I start making other sizes! Thanks!

You're welcome.  You can also chechk the dollar stores- they often have some in the party area.

I took your advice, and went to the Dollar Tree first--no bags.  but Wal Mart had some that were just the right size!  Thanks for the tip!

Archived