hat help

LadiBug329

Question

11 answers to this question

Unfortunately, yes. There are some tutorials out there that show you how to hide that. I can't remember what it's called though. Maybe someone else will have a link?

Edit: Found this link for you. http://sarahlondon.wordpress.com/2009/08/10/seamless-symmetrical/

I've never used it but it looks like it would work nicely.

Is this normal for the join to be obvious like here...

http://s881.photobucket.com/albums/ac18/LadiBug329/?action=view&current=IMAG0231.jpg

I would suggest, next time, finish off each colour before you start the next and you will get a much neater seam.

It is very tricky to join in a new colour at the end of a row because it is hard to tighten the last colour.

There are other ways but I prefer to actually finish off the join and cut the yarn and start again, working over the tails as I start the row so I do not have to neaten the tails in later.

I can do a sample to show you if you would like me to.

Have fun.

Colleen

I checked out the link. Gonna have to try it.

I would suggest, next time, finish off each colour before you start the next and you will get a much neater seam.

It is very tricky to join in a new colour at the end of a row because it is hard to tighten the last colour.

There are other ways but I prefer to actually finish off the join and cut the yarn and start again, working over the tails as I start the row so I do not have to neaten the tails in later.

I can do a sample to show you if you would like me to.

Have fun.

Colleen

I in the middle of one hat now...gonna try your suggestion for the remainder and see how it works out. I really don't like sewing if this will work just the same.

Maybe next hat will try the tutorial but it will be more time consuming.

Unfortunately, yes. There are some tutorials out there that show you how to hide that. I can't remember what it's called though. Maybe someone else will have a link?

Edit: Found this link for you. http://sarahlondon.wordpress.com/2009/08/10/seamless-symmetrical/

I've never used it but it looks like it would work nicely.

Thanks for sharing this link! I'll have to give it a try. :)

Colleen,

I tried your method and it worked much better!

April, I think i'll try the tutorial method if i use a sport weight like I did in the pic.

Thank you both for some really helpful advice.

Colleen,

I tried your method and it worked much better!

April, I think i'll try the tutorial method if i use a sport weight like I did in the pic.

Thank you both for some really helpful advice.

Glad it worked for you.

You could combine my suggestion with Aprils link for a really neat finish.

It does not matter that you are working in SCs and the link is worked in DCs, it will work just the same for the join.

Have fun.

Colleen

Colleen...I have used your method on 5 hats since my last post and it looks much neater and more "professional". Only a crocheter would be able to see or find the joins.

Thank you again for such helpful advice.

Colleen...I have used your method on 5 hats since my last post and it looks much neater and more "professional". Only a crocheter would be able to see or find the joins.

Here's a link to a pattern on my blog that helps with the joins when working a hat in the round: http://qualitycrochet4fun.blogspot.com/2008/02/here-is-beanie-pattern-that-i-wrote-few_14.html

I don't have a problem with my joins when I'm using 2 colors. I just pull them snug. :-)

I am so pleased it was successful for you.

Thank you for letting me know.

Remember, I have a lot of information in my old brain, just waiting to get out.

Have fun.

Colleen

Archived