December Charity Bash 12/13 - 12/18

busy-bee-lmt

·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸Good Morning¸.·´¯`·.´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸

well... lets see....

coffee...tea...cocoa and eggnog is out with the sugar and chocolate mint cookies.

Here we go..........:hook time to get busy!

:heart

:mug

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, Tammy, for setting things out. I've been getting ready for a doctor's appointment. Cut my hair, showered, walked the dog, and dressed now, so I can stop in here before I leave. I have to be fasting, so get my treats afterwards. It's a regular checkup so don't expect anything untoward. Except some finger shaking for gaining some weight that is. :lol

I got a baby quilt pinned together last night and it's now ready for quilting. It's a 30" one so shouldn't take too long to finish up now the it's pinned. I'll take a prayer shawl along to work on while I wait for the doctor. I've got one that's fairly close to done and one that is about a third done on the center section. I think I'll take the one that's almost done (mainly blue with fluffy bits of other bright colors.)

Thanks, Tammy, for setting things out. heheeheee... no problem! I've been getting ready for a doctor's appointment. Cut my hair, showered, walked the dog, and dressed now, so I can stop in here before I leave. I have to be fasting, so get my treats afterwards. okie dokie It's a regular checkup so don't expect anything untoward. Except some finger shaking for gaining some weight that is. :lollol.... omy.... well.. we'll see you when you get back!

I got a baby quilt pinned together last night and it's now ready for quilting. It's a 30" one so shouldn't take too long to finish up now the it's pinned. Oh... cool! I'll take a prayer shawl along to work on while I wait for the doctor. good idea! I've got one that's fairly close to done and one that is about a third done on the center section. I think I'll take the one that's almost done (mainly blue with fluffy bits of other bright colors.)

take care and we'll see you later! :hug

back to work I go! :hook

I'm back. Didn't even get scolded for gaining weight. :D I'll get started on the baby quilt in just a bit. Going to have some tea and one of those chocolate mint cookies first. :lol I ended up taking a book and reading while at the doctor's office.

I know I'm early with my charity work for this month, but they had to be done for Fri. Dec. 14th. The youth group these hats are for, have their party on Sat. and I wanted them to have the hats in time. There's 30 altogether, 10 small, 10 medium, and 10 large. It took me not quite 2 weeks to get them done. (I've told my GD a little more time next year)

I'll be starting a baby layette now, my GD thinks she might be pregnant.

Thanks for looking.

post-63534-135897791452_thumb.jpg

I spent a few hours this morning working on the evil purple lapghan. I've set the tree skirt aside for the moment. The Linus Project is going to pick up the two lapghans I already have finished on Monday, and I realized I was really closing in on completing this one - I'm pretty sure I can have it done by then. Since the tree is set up this year, we really don't need to use the tree skirt. I'll be satisfied to get it done so it can be packed away with everything and ready to go next year.

I know I'm early with my charity work for this month, but they had to be done for Fri. Dec. 14th. The youth group these hats are for, have their party on Sat. and I wanted them to have the hats in time. There's 30 altogether, 10 small, 10 medium, and 10 large. It took me not quite 2 weeks to get them done. (I've told my GD a little more time next year)

Thanks for looking.

[ATTACH]60907[/ATTACH]

Fantastic!!!! How wonderful!!!!

They all look so nice!!!! so bright... and cheery

A job well done my dear!!!

•¨¯`•Good evening•¨¯`•

Well... I managed to get 4 beanies made for my charity today! Not bad with a headache and stopping to make a bag for a little girl. :hook

I'm in on the charity bash now. I just got my socks done for my GD so can start my shawl for the nursing home. I doing this granny shawl pattern with chunky yarn with a K hook so it should work up quickly.

Congrats to all those that have already finished items in this charity CAL. :clap

Good morning everyone. Great work being done here. :clap:clap:clap I finished the quilting on the baby quilt and have started on the binding. Should have it done today. Last night I worked on the blue prayer shawl and added almost 3 rows before my shoulder and wrist gave out on me. :lol

Thanks for looking.

[ATTACH]60907[/ATTACH]

Marsha, that's wonderful and I'll include them in the totals. :clap:clap:clap

I spent a few hours this morning working on the evil purple lapghan. I've set the tree skirt aside for the moment. The Linus Project is going to pick up the two lapghans I already have finished on Monday, and I realized I was really closing in on completing this one - I'm pretty sure I can have it done by then. Since the tree is set up this year, we really don't need to use the tree skirt. I'll be satisfied to get it done so it can be packed away with everything and ready to go next year.

Evil purple lapghan? :devil I can't imagine anything in purple being evil.

I'm in on the charity bash now. I just got my socks done for my GD so can start my shawl for the nursing home. I doing this granny shawl pattern with chunky yarn with a K hook so it should work up quickly.

Congrats to all those that have already finished items in this charity CAL. :clap

That's beautiful!

Hot water is on for tea and cocoa as well as coffee. Gingerbread is on the table for munching. Happy crafting! :manyheart

Oh...........gingerbread smells awesome! I NEED COFFEE. I worked until 2:45am, read until 3:45am. Almost got up to finish working as I could log back onto work server at 4:00am but just too tired. Got up at 7am and logged on to work/finished. I'm vertical, my eyes are open, but don't think my brain is on alert yet.

Skipped working on scarf yesterday and picked up baby blanket I had in the car. It will be an 18" diameter hexagon. That's the size that our NICU likes for their Empty Arms Program. Must get back on track with scarves though for this project weekend.

Also have a donation for the Food Bank to deliver, toothbrushes/toothpaste. I have been collecting toothbrushes from dental visits, and buying small tubes of toothpaste and a few extra brushes when on sale or with coupon. They try to keep some personal items on their shelves as well. After visiting them and getting a tour of the facility (filled out application to pick up donated food from various stores/locations and deliver to food bank) my eyes were opened to the increased need in my community.

How true, Darlene. There are so many here in the US that are in need of food and shelter and the basics that make life good.

I finished the baby quilt. I have to get a battery for my camera so I can take a picture of it.

Evil purple lapghan? Linda, you have no idea! Today it became the [bad words] purple laghan, though in fairness that should have been [bad words] crocheter of evil purple lapghan.

It's 12" granny squares (I don't like working with motifs to start with). It was 10 rounds of three purples in traditional granny square pattern, with an outer row of just dc across, not in 3-groups. I got up this morning to do the outer row on the last two and, yes, did them in 3-groups, which I didn't notice until I started to sew one of them to the three I already had assembled. Redo outer rows.

All went all. Eleven of them sewed together. Then the last one was sewed on. Hooray!! Done!! Just a border round to go! I spread it out on my lap ... I had sewed the fourth not in the remaining space but on the other end. And since I knew I had to sew two sides of it, I did ... forming a three dimensional mess. I'm really losing my composure at this point. I had already woven in the tails, thoroughly, so the easiest thing was to snip the whip stitching and pull it out from the center to the two ends. You got it, I snipped the wrong strand, starting the outer row to unravel. And not of the one that was coming off. No. That would have been too easy to fix. The one already correctly on the body of the afghan. Gahhhhhhhhh!!!

I stuffed it all in a carrier and brought it to work with me to sort out tonight. I am sick, sick, sick of this stupid lapghan. But surely I will eventually get it right, and probably without too much more lost time.

I trust you are all playing sad melodies on your violins for me by now. Some days it just doesn't pay to pick up a hook. :rofl

Good morning everyone! Hope you all have a great day and a great weekend. I've got the beverages out: hot tea, hot cocoa, coffee (caffinated & decaf), and eggnog. I've added chocolate chip cookies for munching on. :D

Thanks for the treats and coffee. I worked on my shawl for a while last night. It's coming along but I'm not sure I have enough yarn for the project. I'll know soon though as this chunky yarn really goes fast with a K hook.

Linda, I just had two warm chocolate chip cookies - I'll pretend they were from you, and I'm getting ready to make some hot tea. I'm all set.

It's a long, and I think a really dumb, story, but today we have the student workers baking cookies down in the staff lounge to make up the number we needed to send cookie trays to ALL the departments in the school and hospital and, this year, a long list of individuals. There is no way they can finish them by the time they get off in 5 hours. It's a LOT of cookies. But I just work here, don't make those kinds of decisions. So I have an extra long shift, 13 hours, since I came in early to cover the desk while the bakers were downstairs. Lots of time to crochet!

Today I'm going to be working mostly on the Christmas tree skirt that doesn't count for this, but I may have some time to work on the next charity lapghan. Later today or tomorrow I'll get up some pictures.

Here are the two I completed. The colors in the round ripple are green, blue and purple, though at least on my computer and blue and purple look alike. The colors in the purple one are RHSS orchid, medium purple, and dark orchid.

post-39480-135897791586_thumb.jpg

post-39480-13589779159_thumb.jpg

Linda, I just had two warm chocolate chip cookies - I'll pretend they were from you, and I'm getting ready to make some hot tea. I'm all set.

It's a long, and I think a really dumb, story, but today we have the student workers baking cookies down in the staff lounge to make up the number we needed to send cookie trays to ALL the departments in the school and hospital and, this year, a long list of individuals. There is no way they can finish them by the time they get off in 5 hours. It's a LOT of cookies. But I just work here, don't make those kinds of decisions. So I have an extra long shift, 13 hours, since I came in early to cover the desk while the bakers were downstairs. Lots of time to crochet!

Today I'm going to be working mostly on the Christmas tree skirt that doesn't count for this, but I may have some time to work on the next charity lapghan. Later today or tomorrow I'll get up some pictures.

Oh, my goodness. That sounds like a LOT of cookies. :eek

Here are the two I completed. The colors in the round ripple are green, blue and purple, though at least on my computer and blue and purple look alike. The colors in the purple one are RHSS orchid, medium purple, and dark orchid.

Beautiful afghans! :clap:clap:clap

Both are so lovely with beautiful colors. I love them both! :clap

Thanks.

I almost never use Caron One Pound (the round ripple), but I have a lot of it. I did this one with a J so it went really fast. It just seemed too tight with an I. To me it looked clunky and coarse, but I think that was mostly because I am used to RHSS with an I. I really think it's ok, and I may make several out of it next year to start whittling down the One Pound stash, not to mention that I can really rip through them with a J!

Good morning everyone. It's gloomy and feels like rain here, but it's warmer so I won't complain too much. I've got all the beverages out and I've got assorted warm coffee cake to snack on. Take you pick of cherry, cinnamon (one of my favorites), blueberry, and apple.

I worked on a WIP Christmas gift yesterday. It was started 2 years ago. Anyway, I got it pinned together and quilted yesterday and just have to put on the binding today. Then it's back to charity items. :hook & :sew

Lovely afghans, especially the granny square. I love the simplicity of the granny square, with a little imagination it can become something quite nice. There was a crocheter on the crochet me forum who vowed she would never make a granny square, pity!

Here is the progress I've made on the shawl. It's about 19 inches long from the top down to the point. I've got one more skein of yarn so I'm not sure that is going to be enough for the shawl but I will have to see later.

post-10977-135897791693_thumb.jpg

Thanks again for the goodies and happy charity crocheting to everyone today. :manyheart

Archived