Fairly quick men's scarf

gothfaerie05

Question

I'm looking for a pattern, crochet or relatively easy knit, for a men's scarf.

:juggle

I need something fairly conservative that can be made from one color of yarn and not be boring. The recipient in mind is my boyfriend. He's 30 years old, but is uncomfortable with bright colors, pastels, or stripes (he's an officer in the military...somehow he ends up wearing the same set of colors at work or not, haha). I work, I'm trying to find a new car really quickly, and looking to change jobs and move in the next couple of weeks, so something that works up relatively fast would be fantastic!

A store bought choice for a Christmas gift would be ideal for the sake of time, but he makes more than me, and I can't think of a single thing he needs or wants that he doesn't already have.

If anyone has any suggestions, that would be awesome! Thank you all, and have a happy holiday season! :-)

:ty

4 answers to this question

Here is a nice one:

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/dans-minimalist-scarf

Here are the free men's and unisex scarves, some are more girly though. Some are striped, just make them one color.

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/search#photo=yes&craft=crochet&query=scarf&availability=free&view=captioned_thumbs&fit=male%2B%2Bunisex&sort=best

I just finished one for a man in navy using the (seed?) stitch. It's alternating sc/dc in the first row, then sc in the dc's and dc in the sc's across on the second, repeating this to the end. It was pretty quick and gave it a nice texture. I used I Love This Yarn with a J hook, a size or two larger than I would usually use with this yarn, to keep it from being so thick. It turned out really nice, and definitely on the conservative side.

Archived