Just finished! Doily made with worsted weight

rebbylicious

Oh I'm glad you shared this! I'm tempted to give doilies a try too but I'm not sure about the whole thread thing just yet!

Good job! Very nice!!

Oh I'm glad you shared this! I'm tempted to give doilies a try too but I'm not sure about the whole thread thing just yet!

Good job! Very nice!!

Rebby- I think I have this same doily in my front room. If it isn't exactly the same, it is very close. Mine was crocheted more than 15 years ago, though. I hope you love yours for at least as long!

Charis- give thread a try. I really enjoy yarn and thread for different reasons. In my case, I do have to be a little more thoughtful about tension and the neatness of my work when crocheting with thread, but the patterns are so varied and in the end, the result is very satisfying. I say give it a go!

That is very nicely done!:clap I just recently got Annie's Attic ultimate book of pineapples, some of the patterns are in thread, some in worsted weight, some in thread, and even cotton. I am new to this love of pineapples thing, lol.

I was wondering how it would look in sock or lace weight yarn ( so far thread and I don't play well together, so I wanted to gradually ease into it lol).

Thanks for sharing such a lovely piece of work!!

Archived