A New Crochet-a-long Summer Project!

jillkap

Hi all!! I found a new crochet-a-long that just started and will be going on all summer! There are new clues given every Friday (May 18th was when the first clue was given) and the afghan will look similar to this one (shown below) when finished :)

You can find all of the information here on Blair's Blog - Wise Craft (and also on ravelry): http://blairpeter.typepad.com/weblog/granny-square-sampler-afghan-project.html

This project is for all experience levels! I'm so excited to join, and also to use up a bunch of my yarn "stash" for this!! Feel free to join on in and use this thread to post photos and share our progress!! :)

post-43909-135897759771_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

This looks absolutely awesome! I like how it is just a few squares a week and then by the end of the summer, a whole afghan will be made --- super awesome --- I think I'll be joining in on this one... to great to pass up :)

Yay I'm excited other people are considering it!! it's definitely helping to use up my scraps :) Here are my week 3 squares:

post-43909-135897763407_thumb.jpg

This looks like fun - and I have the book. It's been a WIM for a long time! Not sure when I'll start, though.

I think I'll print off the clues to try to find time to work on over the weekend. BUT, I already have 2 baby afghans to make (my good friend is having twin girls) and a graph ghan for my cousin as a graduation gift.....what's another :devil:lol

Ok, week 4 squares were not such a cake walk...I made the first square FOUR TIMES before I got it to look even remotely how I wanted it to... I followed all of the directions from her clues, but I modified it by doing ch-3 corners on the first round (instead of ch-5) and changing every chain space in the rows going across to ch-1 on every round (keeping the corners ch-3 for each round), otherwise my square was turning out SOO wonky and would not stay flat no matter what I did.

Also, for round 5, (her photos/video don't match the pattern instructions for round 4) just start with making the corner the same way, then skip 2 stitches and make 3 dc's in the third stitch. Keep doing this around and you will come out with even clusters. Hope you're having better luck than I did!!

http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc373/jkrochet/Craft%20Projects/GrannyCAL14.jpg

Ok, week 4 squares were not such a cake walk...I made the first square FOUR TIMES before I got it to look even remotely how I wanted it to... I followed all of the directions from her clues, but I modified it by doing ch-3 corners on the first round (instead of ch-5) and changing every chain space in the rows going across to ch-1 on every round (keeping the corners ch-3 for each round), otherwise my square was turning out SOO wonky and would not stay flat no matter what I did.

Also, for round 5, (her photos/video don't match the pattern instructions for round 4) just start with making the corner the same way, then skip 2 stitches and make 3 dc's in the third stitch. Keep doing this around and you will come out with even clusters. Hope you're having better luck than I did!!

http://i1208.photobucket.com/albums/cc373/jkrochet/Craft%20Projects/GrannyCAL14.jpg

Pretty!!:hook

jillkap - Your week four squares look great!

I finished week 1 and 3. I'll work on week 2 and 4 a bit later. The one square that looks white is actually white and light yellow. The color didn't come through very well.

Well, the website won't let me load pictures so here are links.

http://i769.photobucket.com/albums/xx337/patricknicolel/028.jpg

http://i769.photobucket.com/albums/xx337/patricknicolel/029.jpg

Your squares look great nicolep!! :) So glad you joined!!

Thank you! I'm using scrap yarn that I've had sitting around forever with out much thought about color. It's going to be an interesting combination of colors when it's finished. :lol

Me too!! Usually I am very particular about my color choices but I am just throwing my inhibitions out the window on this one :lol It's kind of relieving!!

Don't worry marpan79, there are not that many! So far...week 1 = 3 squares, week 2 = 10-14 small squares, week 3 = 3 squares, week 4 = 2 squares. And there are no time restrictions so you can take as long as you'd like on it!! :)

How do I join the CAL Summer Project? I just joined Crochetville

and am kinda "lost".

I've looked at the blog posts for the project.

Thanks!

Cheryl

You don't have to do anything special. Just follow along with the blog posts and crochet! If you'd like to share your progress and pictures here, we'd love to have you. Welcome to the 'Ville!

pekepuppy, just get those fingers ready to stitch out some squares is all :lol Welcome to the 'ville and thanks for joining!! :)

Archived