Himalaya yarn

Ambersafghans

Anyone heard of it before? I'm watching an auction that will be ending soon and I was trying to decide how high I should go for it. So I look it up and I'm seeing these itsy bitsy skeins for sale for... $12 PER SKEIN!!!!!!!!!! :eek

oh my word. I can't believe it. I guess I'm willing to pay a little more for it now if I can get more for a scarf out of it. I:hook f I don't use it then Maybe I'll put it up for sale here. :)

Amber

Is that the yarn made from recycled silk saris? If so, I bought some by Lantern Moon for $20 a skein at the LYS...One skein was enough to make ONE knitted scarf, but it is really gorgeous! it is one of my favorite scarves, and I have made lots! Good luck on winning the auction!

Laurie:hook

these are really small skeins, and I'm not 100% on the exact. But something like that yes. That's what I saw on the website I was looking at.

I was really trying to decide how much to bid for this. Becaues I don't get specialty yarns just to get them. I'll work with Red Heart. :) But if I can sell a nice scarf from that stuff the you bet. I have never had the Ebay jitters so bad. My heart was litteraly thumping! I wasn't sure what to do but I went for it. But my hightest bid in which was quite hi for me. And I won! It only went up 50 cents from the last bid!!!!! I got this auction for $14.75!!!!! http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8218018184&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1 :eek :eek :hook:lol Oh I'm still slightly shaking. :think:lol

Amber

just read the listing carefully. i once got a "really good deal" but it was "craft quality" and not "clothing quality" (i didn't realize there was a difference and the photo was the same as the one on the clothing quality auction)... it wasn't fit to be called yarn.

OK, that's not the sari silk yarn but it does look soft and fluffy, and 10 skeins for $14.75 is a great deal, plus it looks like the shipping is reasonable too -- so congrats, and let us see the scarves you make with it! I just bought my first skein of recycled sari silk from Walnut Creek Yarn Company and am absolutely ADORING the scarf I'm making up from it; the silk yarn is thick and thin and sometimes overspun but the colors are glowing and glorious. Sunny at Walnut Creek is feeding my yarn addiction too well!

Is that the yarn made from recycled silk saris? If so, I bought some by Lantern Moon for $20 a skein at the LYS...One skein was enough to make ONE knitted scarf, but it is really gorgeous! it is one of my favorite scarves, and I have made lots! Good luck on winning the auction!

Laurie:hook

Hey, thanks for mentioning this! I've been looking at yarn on eBay, and I keep coming across listings of yarn made from recycled silk saris. I've wondered if that would be any good, so it was nice to find your comment about that.

Of course, I won't be buying any yarn until I've used up what I have, and I won't use up what I have until I figure out how to master the granny square, but that's another matter. :-)

Archived