I need help with ideas...

A neighbor of mine's wife past away this week. I don't have time to make him a comfortghan but I would really like to make him something nice.

Does anyone know of something masculine and comforting? He is elderly but I don't think his wife's death was expecte so soon. She passed away as a result of Alzheimers and Diabetes. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

Black on White :hug

I'd go with frozen meals, as already mentioned. A lot of the elderly gents don't really know how to do more than boil and egg and make coffee, and if he was taking care of a sick wife, he probably wasn't taking care of himself.

Do you have a teen-aged boy who could go over to do some gardening/mowing? You could offer to do some cleaning--spring cleaning like window washing, and laundry.

Handmade items are lovely, but sometimes a more practical gift would be a better choice.

Eventually have him over to your house for dinner. I'm sure he will be very lonely when things quiet down for him and he will enjoy human companionship and conversation. Invite him to a summer bar-b-que, for coffee & cake or just for a simple weeknite meatloaf dinner. I doubt he will say no.

Archived