When in doubt...write your own pattern

I recently made these super cute fingerless mitts. I made 2 pair actually. First pair was for my friend for Christmas the other pair for myself.

I had already made my friend a scarf so I tweaked the mitt pattern to go with it. For mine I made the mitts first. I have had my eye on this hooded scarf pattern but it doesn't match the pattern for the mitts. SOOOO...... I am using the idea of the hooded scarf and making a pattern of my own that matches the pattern of the mitts.

There is a matching hat pattern that goes with the mitts, but I do not generally like hats. Plus I would still be making a scarf pattern anyway since there does not seem to be one anywhere on the internet that even remotely looks like the hat or mitts.

Here is the link for the hooded scarf.

http://crochetncrafts.com/crochet/tlc-hooded-scarf.html

Here is the link for the hat.

http://www.redheart.com/files/patterns/pdf/LW2087.pdf

Here is the link for the mitts.

http://www.coatsandclark.com/NR/rdonlyres/ED4F487A-3814-4342-B4F4-0365646A6154/135652/WR2017.pdf

I am using a different yarn than the pattern calls for with the mitts. So I did have to adjust it a little bit. Not much, just enough for using ww yarn over the sock yarn they used. I think it was sock yarn. It is called "heart & sole"' after all.

I will take pictures of everything after I am done so you can see what I am talking about.

I can give you the pattern adjustments for the mitts if anyone is interested.

I always seem to be a bit stingy with my own handwritten patterns, so I am still in debate over posting the hooded scarf after I am finished.

Yay! I love doing that! When you find one patter and like part of it, but you like the second part of a different pattern and then smooshing them together to make an awesome new pattern. I'm sure it will come out perfect! I hope we get to see pictures!

I am not done yet, still working on the scarf part. But I am enjoying working on it. It is such a different pattern than my other current projects and is nice to break away and do something different every now and then. I have the hood part done and the mitts done. I wish I was done so I can wear it out tomorrow when I run errands.

Ok....here are my pictures.. It is hard to tell the differences in colors in the pictures, but the last 2 are of the set I made my friend for Christmas. :sheepxmas

The cuff and scarf are different and I used entirely different yarn for the 2 sets.

I hope you like them :)

post-44625-135897718785_thumb.jpg

post-44625-135897718789_thumb.jpg

post-44625-135897719055_thumb.jpg

post-44625-13589771906_thumb.jpg

post-44625-135897719063_thumb.jpg

post-44625-135897719066_thumb.jpg

post-44625-135897719069_thumb.jpg

Archived