Need Doily Help

dogymom

Question

I'm working on my second doily, and all has been fine until Round 18. My pattern is Pinwheel Treat from freepatterns.com.

Last of rnd 17: ch 2, dc in top of beg ch-3. ( I've done this part ) but,

Rnd 18 is at the tip of the pinwheel, and says this:

Ch 1, 2 sc over same ch sp as beg ch-1, [ch 6, 2 sc over next ch-five sp] rep around, ending with ch 2, tr in beg sc.

The underlined part makes absolutely no sense to me. :thinkI would be so grateful for your help!

7 answers to this question

Cathey, I'm really dense, so please look over this dumb question. Do you mean the round before? If so, there isn't any chain 1 on the previous row.

I did that one recently and that bit didn't make much sense to me, either. I think what I eventually decided it meant was to work in the chain space right under where I was at the beginning of the round. That put the 2 sc slightly off-center with regard to the chain space, but as I recall it didn't show at the end...I can take a closer look at it when I get home tonight to check whether that's exactly what I did.

I rally like this way of ending rounds, because it leaves you in the middle of a loop rather than having to sl st over to it.

So in Rnd 17, instead of ch 'x' and sl st to 1st st, you will be doing ch2 and then dc into the 1st st which gives you the equivalent of a ch 5 loop, and you are ending in the centre of it.

Now, for Rnd 18, ch1 right where you are, and then make your 2 sc around that ending dc (which is equivalent to your ch5 loop) and continue as the pattern says.

I hope that helps.

Hey y'all, I think I"ve got it!!!!:faintFinally!!!!

Thanks so much for your help. My hubby felt do sorry for me last night, that he tried to help. The sweety doesn't have a crafty bone in his body.;) Needless to say, I headed for the puter to ask my crochet friends. Thanks again for coming thru for me!!!:hug

Archived