Socks, Keep the Toesies Warm CAL

I need to make several pairs of socks for Christmas gifts. I have one started. I was wondering if anyone else would like to make a few socks together.

I'm going to be using the following pattern Ultimate Crocheted Socks. Then I may switch to another pattern depending on how I like the way these go. So far it is a simple pattern to follow, of course I haven't gotten to the heel of my first sock.

Does anyone want to join me? If so, which pattern will you be using.

Have a great morning!

I'll join you..four pair on hooks or needles for Christmas at this time. Different pattern for each. Two of Karen's crochet patterns and two knit patterns. Adult daughter just told me she thought she would get sock for last Christmas and has picked out yarn in a hank which I need to get wound. Love these little projects that I can take with me.

Darlene - Your socks look great! I've made one pair of socks with sock yarn. I have no patience to make another pair. :lol I've made quite a few with worsted weight yarn though. I put some puffy paint on the bottom and wear 'em around the house.

I have 12 pair's of socks to make. And I'm just about done with one sock. My men wanted plain black, brown and tan sock's. Although, my husband said he would love to have a salt and pepper looking socks. My daughter wanted a nice mixture of colors. So, hopefully I can get these socks made in time for Christmas.

• 2 weeks later...

I would love to make some socks, have some really nice sock yarn, but don't know where to start. Never made socks before and would like an easy pattern to start off with if anyone has any suggestions.

I'm making socks for Christmas, too--just for my daughters (and me!). The socks mentioned in the first post--the Ultimate Crocheted Socks--were my first socks, and I think it's a really good pattern, but I have a tip for altering the heel a bit that makes them fit better (as written, the heel flap is a little too long for most people). I still prefer the toe-up, crochet-the-heel-as-you-go technique for socks (I HATE after-though heels).

If you are making the socks and want to hear my suggestion for altering it, let me know, but unless you are looking at the pattern, it's confusing to explain.

Archived