First Craft show. Bags??

Hi all. I am new here!! I am doing my first craft show next month. It is a large one...with many vendors so I want to stand out a little. Can anyone give me advice on the best bags to use to put bought items in...also would love some decorating tips. Thanks a ton!

I always bought the simple T-shirt bags that Sam's Club sells in a huge quantity for little money. They seem to last forever and are a good size for most craft purchases. They are not the most creative but they are frugal.

orientaltrading.com (I don't have their exact web address) has lots of ideas for bags...with your show next month, you should have plenty of time. I would keep your bags fairly simple, or co-ordinate with your table. (example, go with white/craft bags, and if you have cute stamps at home, stamp something on the front. (thrift stores have lots of stamps out here) Or, if you decide to have a color-theme for decor, get something that matches well with that. Or you could look at $ stores for ideas. Just remember to take the cost of bags into account when figuring your prices. :)

For example, a friend of mine who sells jewelry does a pink/brown color combo, and her little bags have pink tissue-paper in them.

btw, the best tips I've read include practicing your display at home, get it how you like (maybe even take pictures so you can compare your display ideas side by side. (know how much display space you have) vary the heights of your items. (boxes tucked under your table cloth is a good way to get some height) if you have ornaments or things that can hang, have a way to hang a few, if you can. Have some sort of skirt (table cloth that reaches the floor) so you can tuck your stuff underneath, invisibly. Your skirt can match/contrast attractively with your table top. Use suitcases with wheels to haul your stuff in and out. (have someone who can relieve you for bathroom breaks. pack some water and snacks for the big day) don't forget to have change with you.

HTH, and I wish you great success on your sale.

My friend uses recycled bags from the grocery store. She also ships her items in recycled (clean) boxes and uses grocery bags to put her tutus in so they don't get smushed! She doesn't get any complaints and people don't seem to mind. She's very green.

For my small projects, like jewelry, I buy lunch bags, fold over the top, punch a couple of holes and string a piece of raffia through the holes and tie a bow. Papermart.com has a nice supply of bags. Also, Uline.com has shipping supplies and some nice bags. I like the prices of both websites.

Archived