Double Crochet Square Yoke Baby Sweater with Ribbons

Marumin

It's been a while since I posted anything in the forum, and thought it was time to share one of my baby sweater patterns with you...

Hope you like it!

DC SQUARE YOKE WITH RIBBONS

I used aproximately 60 grs. of Sport or Light weight baby yarn

3.75 mm hook (US Size F/5)

STITCHES USED

ch - chain

sc – single crochet

hdc – half doublé crochet

dc – doublé crochet

PF – Puff Stitch

The puff stitch for this sweater requires only 5 loops. Here’s how I make it:

1. Wrap the yarn over the hook, sk 1 st (or 2 as indicated) insert the hook in next stitch. YO the hook and draw through. There will be 3 loops on the hook.

2. Wrap the yarn over the hook, insert the hook in same stitch as before. YO the hook and draw through. There will be 5 loops on the hook.

3. YO and pull through all 5 loops.

I do not make a chain to secure at the end of the stitch unless otherwise indicated.

YOKE

Chain 55 + 3 to turn

1 Row: Dc in 4th chain from hook, dc in each of the next 5 sts (2dc, 2 chain., 2 dc) in the next st (increase made), dc in each of the 11 sts next , increase in the next st , dc in each of the 15 sts next , increase in the next st., dc in each of the 11 sts next, increase in the next st., dc in the remaining 7 sts.

2 a 6 Row: Continue crocheting rows of dc, taking only the back loop of the previous st., always making a d con top of each dc from the previous row, and making an increase in the ch2 space at each corner, according to the graph.

7 Row: dc (on the back loop only) in the first 19 sts, sk shoulder sts (35 sts), dc in the next dc and the following 38 sts., sk 35 sts (second shoulder), dc in the next dc and the 18 remaining sts. Ch3 , turn.

8 Row: Sk 1 st , **V st (dc, chain., dc) in the st next, sk 1 st., V st in the next st., Puff V st (5 loop puff st, chain., 5 loop puff st) in the next st., sk 1 st., repeat from * end row with 1 dc Ch 3, turn.

9 a 22 Row: Repeat: V stitch over V stitch and 5 loop Puff V Stitch over each 5 loop Puff V Stitch from the previous row (according to chart on the right) 14 times

23 Row: 5 loop Puff V stitch in every chain space from the previous row.

SLEEVES

1st Row: Join thread in the middle of the underarm, and make 41 evenly spaced dc. Close row with a sl st. Ch3, turn.

2nd Row: Sk 1 st., V stitch in the next st, *sk 2 sts , 5 loop Puff V stitch in the next st., sk 2 sts, V stitch in the next st., sk 2 sts., V stitch in the next st., repeat from * to end of row. Join row with sl st. Ch3, turn.

3rd Row: V stitch over V stitch, 5 loop Puff V stitch over 5 loop Puff V Stitch to end of row. Join with sl st. Ch 3 turn.

4th - 14th Row: Repeat row 3 (11 times).

15th Row: Sk 1 st., *hdc in the st next , sk 1 st, repeat from * to end of row.

Finish cuff with 2 rows of 5 loop puff stitch

FINISHING

Crochet a row of sc beginning at lower front edge, up and around the neck edge and down the other front edge.

Finish front edges with a row of 5 loop Puff stitch

(For step by step instructions on how to finish the edges, visit my blog:

http://marumin64.blogspot.com/2011/01/braided-finish.html

For front closures:

Upper closure: Thread a length of ribbon through first row of dc.

Sew separate pieces of ribbon to each front edge at base of yoke.

post-33281-135897703028_thumb.jpg

post-33281-135897703046_thumb.jpg

post-33281-135897703048_thumb.jpg

post-33281-13589770305_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Marumin, that is very nice! Love your stitch diagrams and schematic:hook

Hello! I'm new and I saw your pattern and it is very beautiful. I have one question thow what does sk means?

Hello and welcome to the ville! Sk is abbreviation for skip.

Archived