please i need help

CROCHETCHICK28

Question

Im working on a 24 square afgan and im putting a boy in middle of some a girl in the others i was was wanting to know how can i crochet around this to make it a granny sqaure are what kind of stitch can i use to make it a sqare?

around this boy in the picth_littleboy.jpg thanks for the help tasha:cheer

3 answers to this question

I agree, it would look great on a solid granny square and easiest to do. Otherwise you would have to do a series of sc, dc, trebles, double trebles, etc. to make a square around each figure. Once you get a square done around it, you would then have to do another row or two to make it have a nice edge for each square to join. I think it might end up being lopsided if you aren't an advanced crocheter.

If it were me & I wanted the figures inside the square as opposed to on the square, I would make an extra boy & girl and practice stitches to use to make them inside the square. I suggest making an extra boy & girl as the actual figures may get 'worn' a bit by the time you figure out which st to use where until you have a nice square around them.

If you simply attached the figures onto a solid square, you could make each solid square a different color to 'highlight' the figures or colors that would enhance them or show them off.

Archived