Beaded Ribbon Scarf: pattern and/or online class?

I'm working on this beaded scarf made with fabulous hand-dyed ribbon yarn. Would anybody be interested in a pattern or class for this?

It looks knit, but it's made using the knooking technique.

6099897053_7bb2438527.jpg

The scarf is working up very quickly, considering the very limited time I've been able to work on it. I hope to have it finished early next week so I can show you how it looks when finished.

I also have another version I'm working up using the same technique.

If there's enough interest in a class, I've worked out the ability to offer class kits complete with ribbon yarn (or sock-weight yarn for those who prefer that), beads, pattern, and a Denise hook for knooking.

It is lovely and looks very much like an older Intereweave project for beaded knitted purses.

However, you mentioned using the "Knook" technique and it sort of sounded like you meant that to Knook is to crochet - Knooking as it is currently popular to name it, is a KNITTING technique, previously known as Amazing Needle (US),or Magic Needle (Asian)

I will not go crazy until I can remember the rather distinctive name of that Interweave Pattern.

I meant that the piece looks like it's been knit with the traditional technique of using two knitting needles, but you can do the same thing with a crochet hook with the knooking technique. You end up with a piece of knit fabric at the end, but it's been done with a crochet hook with attached cord, which may feel a lot more familiar and easier to learn for many crocheters.

For those who like the look of knitted things, but don't want to learn to knit for whatever reason, they can now use a crochet hook and get the same result.

Archived