I want to buy books but.....

I want to see the inside first. I dont req=ally have any craft resorses available other than wallmart and depend on my pc for purchaseing anything else. ( I have never even been a real craft store!! ) Do yall know of any websites that show you whats in the book as well as on the cover. What about sites that sell used books at a good price. If any of you have a book that you would like to sell, I may be interested. Here is what I am looking for. I am 25 and would LOVE to have some trendy patterns, also newborn, toddler and 2 elementry age "women" to crochet for. If you know of any good books please recomend them

Thanks

Valerie

I'd definitely suggest Amazon. Certain publishers allow you to searcg the inside of the book, others don't, but most have cover photos and decent descriptions. [You can always ask here if you'd like to know about a particular title.] Plus, when you purchase from Amazon after clicking there thru the search bar at the top of the forum, C'Ville gets a percentage of what you spend. :cheer

Also, try getting them out of the library first so you can see whether you want to buy it or not. If your local library doesn't have what you're looking for you can probably get them via interlibrary loan. (I do that all the time because my library is tiny.)

Valerie,

Depending on where you are you might have a treasure trove of crochet books to be browsed at the library. I like to feel the book before I buy. But I too am cursed with poorly stocked craft stores (well I guess it depends on what craft you are into or can afford). Anyways here is what I do. Go to the library and find their books on crochet. Some may only have one or two patterns that you like. Anyways most are networked and can do inter-library loans. Have some sent to your local library to browse.

Good luck in your search... :book

Elizabeth

Some bookstores have crochet books too, so you might try there as well. My local Books-A-Million has a special section of knit and crochet books and kits. More knit than crochet, but thats how it is everywhere. You can also find them in in the craft book section. You may have to weed through a lot of quilting and painting books, but you can find crochet books mixed in.

I like Amazon.com because even if they don't have the search inside the book feature, you can read the reviews that other people have posted. It's really helpful - oftentimes, a book that looks like it would have cool patterns just looking at the cover - other people who have bought it say the patterns are not innovative, too simple, etc. Or, they may praise every pattern and make you just _have_ to buy it! :2frog

Archived