Need your opinion

Wanting to make a baby blanket for a co-workers 1st grandchild which is a girl. I want to make it pink with an off white or cream border. Question, which shade of pink by Red Heart do you think would look good for a baby girl?

I'm thinking of using Rose Pink b/c I have it on hand. The only other pink by RH SS that is readily available at Walmart is that lighter pink that looks almost flouresant IMO, I don't know what the name of the color is though.

Do you think the Rose Pink with a cream/off white is too muted?

I think it will look fine -- especially trimmed with a little cream or off white. I would use an old fashioned sort of pattern with that color as it reminds me more of Victorian era. Something very lacy would look nice.

I am a bright hot pink kind of person. ;) I like Shocking Pink, Raspberry, & Pretty 'N Pink, But everyone is not crazy about that loud of color, especially for a baby. Going with a more subtle shade like the Rose Pink will probably please a wider range of people. Be sure to post when you are done -- we all love to see pictures!

Rose pink is a beautiful color. I have used it quite a bit.

They are going to have a thousand things with pale baby pink and the rose pink will be a welcome change.

Rose Pink with the muted border (soft white is really nice, I like that a lot) would be very pretty and I agree, an old fashioned type pattern would bring out the color.

I tend to make baby blankets in bright colors, unless I have a request for softer colors. I think that babies are stimulated more with bright colors but it is a matter of personal taste. Though one year I made a bright yellow (and I mean bright) blanket for my supervisor and she told me the story of how her little one woke up, started playing with the blanket because of the color and her mom, who was babysitting, laughed and said she didn't like me because the baby wouldn't go back to sleep.

Defintely post a picture. Have fun with it.

LI Roe

Thanks for the opinions. I already started working on it and used the sideways shell pattern from Project Linus and I think its coming out nice. I started it with the thought that if I didn't like it enough to give to her then I would donate it and start another one. I will post pics when I'm done. Thank you for the encouragement!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived