felted bag pattern testing in progress

ullenastar13

closedshunky.jpg i need 2 more people to test my bag pattern. I'd like the testing to be done by Oct 15th so please only sign up if you're willing to meet that deadline! it's felted so you'd need 100% worsted weight wool that is not super wash. intermediate level so be ready for a challenge! i'm going to try and insert a photo but if it doesn't work here's a post on my blog about the bag and with pix. http://starknits.blogspot.com/2005/08/im-deflectin-your-rejectin.html#comments

i do have a few rules and at the bottom is a yahoo group to join if you're interested.

test my pattern the way it was written with the yarn that is required

do not to change my pattern in anyway

do not to copy or print or email this pattern to anyone

do not to post the pattern to a website or database

do keep us up to date on your progress

do tell me of any difficulties you are having with the pattern

do test this pattern promptly and diligently

you are not allowed to sell this pattern as your own.

please send a JPG pix to me when finished so I may use it for my pattern.

you may talk about testing the bag for me on your blog if you have one and post a pix of it but please link to my site so i may sell them a pattern if they are interested.

For your troubles I will send you a finished/complete pattern for your personal use printed out on quality paper and in a page protector!

Thank you so much for testing this pattern for me I appreciate it!

here's a yahoo group i ask you to join if you're interested

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/allenastesters/

thanks again

I too am interested but is that crochet??? I love the pattern but am afraid also I may not be up to the challenge? Is it very hard or just a bit hard to do? I also knit but am not sure I could knit that. If it is intermediate I can do it no problem.

the pattern is crochet!

it' crochet'd in the round and uses fpdc and bpdc increasing and decreasing. i said intermediate b/c it may be a bit more difficult than your typical just starting out project.

the yarn needed is 100% ww wool 5 skeins (50 g, 109 y or 100m) that is NOT superwash.

the pattern is felting so we are crocheting it big then shrinking it in the wash.

i hope that does it.. LMK if you have anymore ?'s just ask here or PM me! thanks again:manyheart

I would love to be a tester but I would have to do it in about 2 weeks. I just have to finish up a few things first. It may be sooner but I figure in 2 weeks I should be done w/all my wips and a few swap items. If thats ok then count me in! It looks wonderful..By the way what do you mean not superwash??? I dont think I ever heard of that.

I would love to be a tester but I would have to do it in about 2 weeks. I just have to finish up a few things first. It may be sooner but I figure in 2 weeks I should be done w/all my wips and a few swap items. If thats ok then count me in! It looks wonderful..By the way what do you mean not superwash??? I dont think I ever heard of that.

i'm hoping to have the test be done by Oct 15th so if you think you can swing it please do join!

superwash is a treatment done to wool yarn so that you can wash it in the washing machine and it won't shrink. but for felting it's bad b/c we want the item to shrink!

thanks!

By Oct 15th is fine. I would love to test this. Thanks

By the way how long did it take you to make it about?

it took me a couple of days... when i wrote out the pattern a little longer!

Archived