They make crochet magazines?

NurseFrawg

Okay so I have read the posts here and I know that they make crochet magazines. I even recieve one ... not liking it very much:thumbdown . Anyways I was wondering are there any magazines for crochet out there that you would recommend?

I have been to the two local JoAnns, the Hancock, both Borders and Barnes and Noble, and Micheals and there are no crochet magazines... just knitting and not a lot of those. (How many scrapbooking magazines does one need???:confused ) I have also lurked around the magazines at WalMart and the grocery stores with no luck.

I really don't want a magazine with like a zillion poncho patterns. I would like a full range of patterns and maybe even some educational things like how to felt and stuff as I am just getting into the crochet world. If anybody out there has some suggestions maybe even a website for the magazine that they could recommend.... or even better you know those little cards that I tend to use as bookmarkers. If anybody has those and would be willing to send to me so I can preview a magazine before I actually drop the 20 or so bucks on a subscription that would be super. :book

Thanks,

Elizabeth

I've noticed the same thing! Michaels' has so much yarn, and poncho stuff! But not much crochet magazines. For ahwile it seemed like there were a few magazines, but they were all for doilies and stuff. That's a good question! I know my mom finds me a lot of crochet stuff from second handstores! They're pretty good for that! Fun books from the 70's! lol! I want to check out lewiscraft.

Your right, the average "crochet mags " have the same thing over and over, or just plain stupid stuff. Invest in the Encyclopedia of crochet" 25 bucks, wait for coupon and then get it. My fabric store had it and I waited for the 50%off one item to save. This is the best book, it has so many stitch choices in the gallery, that you can make up what you want. It has everything you would want to know about crochet. Now this site is great for finding patterns of all kinds, since I have joined I have printed off about 100 patterns, we use to have an area for just that, web links, etc, sure wish we could get it back for those that need it, I have mine saved. There are a zillion on the computer. google free crochet patterns, you can even goole for named stuff, I love. Never has been disappointed.

One of the reasons I joined C'ville was because of the wonderful items that were displayed and the feeling of a family:ghug . I have the crochet stitch bible and find it wonderful. I guess I will have to stick to here and the net basically for my patterns. I am hook shy to even attempt a wearable (okay hats I want to try for sure) so making up my own pattern seems too much right now. :eek It's okay. I have plenty of patterns right now for sure. Just wanted to see some of the new stuff out there and like I said something that offered some educational pieces. Like felting or dyeing or whatever. Just frustrating I guess.:irk

Elizabeth

I find the ones I like best are Annie's favorite crochet and Hooked on Crochet and also Crochet World. They have a lot of different crochet patterns, not just clothing but other things as well, plus instructions on different types .

Wendyb532

If you join the Crochet Guild of America (CGOA), you get a free subscription to Crochet! magazine. If you click on the magazine website and then CONTENTS which is on the left side of the site, you can look at the patterns in the current issue. CGOA members also receive their monthly publication in the middle of the magazine.

http://www.crochet.org/

http://www.crochetmagazine.com/

My personal favorite magazine is Magic Crochet. I think they've stopped publishing it however. My last 2 issues did not arrive. I bought older Magic Crochet from eBay (sometimes 20 magazines for $20).

Okay so I have read the posts here and I know that they make crochet magazines. I even recieve one ... not liking it very much:thumbdown . Anyways I was wondering are there any magazines for crochet out there that you would recommend?

I have been to the two local JoAnns, the Hancock, both Borders and Barnes and Noble, and Micheals and there are no crochet magazines... just knitting and not a lot of those. (How many scrapbooking magazines does one need???:confused ) I have also lurked around the magazines at WalMart and the grocery stores with no luck.

I really don't want a magazine with like a zillion poncho patterns. I would like a full range of patterns and maybe even some educational things like how to felt and stuff as I am just getting into the crochet world. If anybody out there has some suggestions maybe even a website for the magazine that they could recommend.... or even better you know those little cards that I tend to use as bookmarkers. If anybody has those and would be willing to send to me so I can preview a magazine before I actually drop the 20 or so bucks on a subscription that would be super. :book

Thanks,

Elizabeth

It's hard to find a good crochet magazine. Interweave Crochet looks awesome, I am going to order it very soon. I have a magazine put out by Better Homes and Gardens that is called Crochet...I bought it about a year or so ago. It was awesome, I think just a yearly issue was published, but I haven't seen it again since. There was also a Family Circle crochet magazine that I bought about a year ago and it was really good too. I heard somewhere on here that there is another one coming out in September. Other than that I find crochet magazines really hard to find. :think There is a grocery store beside where I work, and it used to have all kinds of crochet magazines, at least 3 or 4 different ones, but in the last few months they seem to have gotten rid of them. :cry I go there almost everyday on my break hoping they have gotten some more in, but they never do. I usually find some knitting magazines, they sometimes have a crochet pattern or two, but I don't want to buy them for just one crochet pattern that might be inside. It's frustrating sometimes.:sigh

Archived