Thrift store find!

Ok, I have been wanting to try my hand at recycling a sweater every since I saw the thread. Just couldn't find a thrift store any where around me. Well, Saturday I had to go take a kitten to my trusty animal shelter (she belonged to my daughter that went into the army. I already have her dog & her MIL has her husbands cat. My house is a zoo already) -ok, off topic, sorry! The shelter has a thrift store in the same strip center. Walked in, found the prettiest royal blue ramie & cotton sweater. All good seams, & can you believe it. $1.00. So far I have frogged one sleeve - 4 oz. & 1 front piece - 3 oz. I have plans to make my daughter a short sleeved sweater top. I will have yarn left over. Will let you know how it goes. Just remember, you never know what you might find.

Gosh, I keep reading about these great finds in thrift stores.....yarn or wool/cotton sweaters real cheap!

I never find good deals @ thrift stores. Here in the O.C. thrift stores are "vintage clothing stores" and everything is waaaay more expensive than at the mall :(

I gotta find a good thrift store.....lol

~Chicki

Archived