Afghan suggestion

I have been in a Crochet rut for a few months.. with my left arm pain. I thought Taking a extended break from constant crochet would help improve n give my arm a rest. and well so far No such luck. nothing has changed with it.

so I been trying to figure out what to start. and Last night my mom reminded me it's my Niece's birthday today (only niece for me from my siblings). and I thought mabey I could Crochet her a afghan as a keepsake.

she Turns 18 today! and will be a Senior in highschool in the fall.. so soon enough she will be off to collage. not sure her plans to if shes going to local or away, but I"m looking for a Pattern that is not plain looking. (like scrap or granny look). but somthing simple but Pretty. not something that will take alot of concentration either.. giving my kids are home for the summer. and I can't be sitting here fixated on a pattern.

any suggestions of a pattern? I'll also be making a 2nd one from the sme pattern in my sister in laws fav color.

How about one of the round Ripples in her high school colors? It would be easy enough to find out the colors by Googling her high school since most school districts have websites now.

How about one of the round Ripples in her high school colors? It would be easy enough to find out the colors by Googling her high school since most school districts have websites now.

lol I know the HS colors.. I went to the same HS lol. I know she is like me and once she graduates wants to forget that school ASAP LOL!!!.

Her mom told me her fav colors. So I'm thinking on going with pink n lime green, now its just the pattern Im undecided on.

lol I know the HS colors.. I went to the same HS lol. I know she is like me and once she graduates wants to forget that school ASAP LOL!!!.

Her mom told me her fav colors. So I'm thinking on going with pink n lime green, now its just the pattern Im undecided on.

I am still in agreement about the Round Ripple. That being said, here is a link to a photo of a pink & lime RR that turned out very pretty and a link to RoseRed's 12 point pattern (love this pattern!). Another good pattern for a 12pointRR. Add more rows to achieve desired width, but you probably already knew that :D.

Keep us posted what you decide and I do hope your arm pain mends and goes away soon.

• 7 months later...

I find that the Mile a minute afghans work up quickly, are not hard, nor boring, and look like you used a complicated pattern. especially with two colors, it will be pretty! good luck in whatever you decide! :)

it's ok yankeeblue. I've not even started one for her yet... I am thinkin on making a Pillow ghan. something I have the pattern saved.. and will work on it closer to her Graduation date.

Archived