thread box

chrissyf

another sewing kit necessity..thread. So a thread box made with plastic canvas stitched with RHSS Orchid with seed bead edging the lid is lined and the rose on the top has seed beads threaded through the center

post-9809-135897658236_thumb.jpg

post-9809-135897658239_thumb.jpg

I really, really like this.. did you make a divider all in one piece then insert it in the box? Or are they individual little boxes inserted into a bigger box... I'd like to try making one. I always, always lose my thread.. Thanks for sharing.. GBU!:):)

I really, really like this.. did you make a divider all in one piece then insert it in the box? Or are they individual little boxes inserted into a bigger box... I'd like to try making one. I always, always lose my thread.. Thanks for sharing.. GBU!:):)

i actually made the inner box then the outer box and whipstitched the top edges together. I am making another one for my mom but hers i am doing individual little boxes then putting them in the larger box again just by whipstitching the top edges together. I put the inner box together with the wrong sides facing out and the outer box with the wrong side facing in so that all you see are the right sides. By doing it like this there is no need to line it and it is very sturdy. I just made the sections to fit the spools of thread that i picked up. I can always figure out the dimensions for you if you need me to.

i actually made the inner box then the outer box and whipstitched the top edges together. I am making another one for my mom but hers i am doing individual little boxes then putting them in the larger box again just by whipstitching the top edges together. I put the inner box together with the wrong sides facing out and the outer box with the wrong side facing in so that all you see are the right sides. By doing it like this there is no need to line it and it is very sturdy. I just made the sections to fit the spools of thread that i picked up. I can always figure out the dimensions for you if you need me to.

:yayOh thank you Chrissy... that would be nice.. I'd like to make one for myself and a friend for her b-day in Aug... Sturdy is good.. I like making things from PC the same way... You can PM me with the dimensions if you want or share for others too.. GBU!:manyheart

Archived